Beautiful Cedar Strip Canoe, $600

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My dad is breaking my heart and selling the canoe he made. This baby is capable of catching large rainbow trout, navigating the waters of the upper St Croix, hitting your favorite pit or pond. It has also shot the mouth of the Temperence River and ventured into Lake Superior.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/5171136405.html

952 937 8356, ask for Mike

Attachments:
    1. image23.jpg

David Blais

You could always buy it from him!

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

That’s true craftsmanship right there! Awesome looking canoe! In my opinion I would think $600 is quite low for the time that your dad probably put into building it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Wow! That’s a beaut, and I imagine $600 is a steal.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

It sounds like it will be sold. I am glad it appears to be going to an IDO’r vs some craiglist chump.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I had a nice talk with Mike, his folks and uncle are buried on the shores of Lake Belle Taine.

Can’t wait to get her in the water!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Wow, nice purchase BT!

CBMN
    North Metro

Nice new toy Scott…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t understand why you would not buy this from your Dad???

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I was teasing a little about breaking my heart. He would have given it to me if I wanted it. I used it all over when I was younger and didnt have a vehicle big enough to tow a boat. Right now, I have a convertible, so throwing it on the roof isnt really an option. So I would just store it for a year or two anyway. I like canoeing, but I like boating better. My kids don’t seem to have much interest it in.

Adding all that up, I am just happy that it is finding a good home.

applause peace toast grin

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Good to hear that is the situation…. I was going to ask the same questions. I would have that baby proudly hung in the garage, or even basement knowing the history of it if it was mine, and built by my dad.

Knowing it is going to someone who will appreciate it would be next best for sure.

Beautiful canoe!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.