Pasha Lake Rookie

• todders
    Shoreview, MN

I had every intention to write a post and show a picture of our ridiculously overloaded trailer…but life got in the way. Four of us made the journey up to Pasha Lake Cabins and arrived this afternoon. While we were checking in at 5:00 a hunter came in to get help with a recovery. While they were cutting that one up a call came in about another bear down. Talk about getting a guy pumped up for the first sit! This place is great and we have not even been in the woods yet. More to come later !

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck boys!! I hope Bill puts the hammer down on a nice one.

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Good luck Todders! Hope you drop the on a biggun! Post some pics of the kills if you can!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Go get ’em!!!

Mark

kooty
    Keymaster

Hello, we are waiting for an update!!!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Hello, we are waiting for an update!!!

No doubt, from-the-field updates are premium. Love it, waiting for some info!

Joel

todders
    Shoreview, MN

This place is unreal, that first night I posted we ended up bringing in 5 bears! My old man shot one two nights ago and our friend johnygofast arrowed a 375 lb beast 3 nights ago. At one point camp was 11 out of 14 for kills and all boars. heading to a new bait tonight that has been getting hammered. Sorry for the delay, it gets to be a late night when you don’t get back to camp until after 11!

kooty
    Keymaster

Whatever, we expect updates!! Congrats to Bill and Johnny. Can’t wait to hear Bill’s story 1st person.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

What happened on the hunt?? Pics??

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I would not consider myself a bear hunter but Pasha Lake Cabins has opened the door to an entire new addiction! Our crew saw a post on the bear forum around two months ago that a group had cancelled and there was an opening for several hunters. After a few conversations with Chad we were on the books and ready to head north for a week in Canada. I cannot say enough good things about Pasha Lake Cabins; the entire operation is run flawlessly with hard work, experience and dedication. Every employee, acquaintance and other hunter we encountered was there to help and genuinely committed to every hunter enjoying their time. This place will not let you down.

The entire experience was an adventure I will never forget. The ATV ride from camp was something I have never experienced and filled with gorgeous scenery. Some rides were around 10 miles but others were up to 40. There was never a dull moment on these old logging roads and hundreds of years of history along the way.

In the past my brother Scott has baited our land in MN and after 4 years was able to connect with his bow last season. I never got too involved in his love for bear hunting but now I understand what makes it so special. When approaching a bait site there are no words to describe the excitement and anticipation to see what kind of carnage has happened recently. It is amazing what these bears can do to huge logs and 55 gallon drums effortlessly. Every bait site we saw has something special and unique about it. The boys at Pasha Lake have been doing this for years and it shows in every set up.

Our group was composed of my father, brother and an old family friend that I refer to as my dad’s oldest son. We call him Johnygofast and he shot a 380lb beast on the second night. It was his first bear and he got it done with his bow! My father and I experienced firsthand just how difficult it is to field judge these animals. They were not cubs but we were both surprised at the ground shrinkage that happened right in front of our own eyes. It was my first bear and my dad’s second bear and we both made nice clean harvests. Scotty hunted hard through the end of the trip on active baits but was unable to be in the right place at the right time.

In the past I have falsely measured a hunts success with punching a tag or the size of an animal. This experience opened my eyes to how much more a trip like this means. We went three for four, got one pope and young bear but most importantly shared some of the best memories together that I have ever known. We will be going back to Pasha Lake cabins in the future and it cannot be soon enough. Here are a few pictures from the trip that will never be forgotten.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

For the record… these are two of the ten or less pictures of my old man not telling the photographer they are #1, so it is fair to say he is truly enjoying himself

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

GOOD READ! Congrats on a great hunt and time spent with family and friends

kooty
    Keymaster

Sounds like a great hunt buddy!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.