bear mount?

• jeweler
    Wisconsin

Looking to have a bear mounted. My wife wants a half body mount of her bear. Anyone have good luck with a bear mount. I have seen a few mounts and have not really found one that looks really good. Any help or suggestions would be great. Looking preferably around sw wisconsin, ne iowa or se minnesota. Thanks, Jeweler

jcthorson
    Austin, MN

I currently have mine at the taxidermist right now. I took it to Cedar River Taxidermy in Orchard, IA. Expecting it back by the end of August. All said and done for a half mount with a habit base is gonna coat 550 to 575. Very reasonable I thought. I will try to post pics as soon as i get it back.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

sounds good please do. Has this person done a lot of bears?

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I got mine back last March. I couldn’t be happier. I have been waiting to post pictures until after I get the drift wood mounted to the foot. I’ve been too busy to put it on yet. I am getting my 2011 archery buck back tonight so I will try to get a picture of both of them up tonight or tomorrow. Come to think of it… I’m not sure I posted a picture of my 2010 gun buck… I better post that one too.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Here’s a picture of the bear I shot a few years ago.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Took some pictues of my mount but I’m not happy with them. Every angle just doesn’t do the mount justice. I’m assuming because it’s so black and shiney they just don’t turn out great. It’s very difficult to show the curviture of the form. All the pictures seem to make the mount look like the hide is stretched too tight. I am going to try some pictures with it outside to see if that makes a difference.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Here are a couple of mine.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That badger fight is SWEET!!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Honey Badger don’t give a ….. Nice looking mounts guys…. kinda sorry I did a rug now

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Where did you get yours mounted at?

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Jim Benson at Sportsman’s Taxidermy Studio in East Grand Forks, MN did mine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.