Bear Pics

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m not even going and I’ve been chomping for a report all week. Please punch him in the shoulder when you see him, for teasing us. I’d hide a carp in his boat, but he’d never know with all that catfish bait.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Kooty, FAT (sorry about that acronym ) bought me a drink in the Wigwam Bar last year…I owe him a report.

Have you caught any?

I fished Sunday and Monday. Sunday sucked and I don’t really know why…walleye boat traffic maybe???
    Monday I stopped counting at 22…ok, I lost count…best guess, mid 30’s. Fishing many of the same places I fished on Sunday…go figure.

Do you have pictures?

Yes, but since I’ve been fishing by myself, I’ve been using a old Casio camera that allows pictures to be taken of the operator. I need the Casio application to convert them to a jpg.

Is 4-mile Bay open?

The launch at 4-mile bay is half open water and ice. I’m going to guess Thursday or Friday…heck it might open today with the rain.

Plan on lauching at Baudette or Clementson…and if the point opens…it will be nice.

How are the river conditions???? Current and clarity?

The river is a bit lower than in years past…but not by much. The flow is just like last year, very slow and the clarity…very, very stained.

There are a few dead heads to watch out for. Nothing more than the last few years.

Fishing pressure?

I saw my first sturgeon boat this morning. Sunday and Monday the walleye guys “owned” the river.

Water temp? It varies from 36 to a high of 40 degrees.

Caught any rough fish? Sunday I was the Sucker Queen!

Not so many on Monday…but I was thinking that I should bring some walleye gear along just for when I find them. Woohoo two pound suckers can fight!!

I didn’t fish yesterday because of the wind. It’s raining this morning, but I’m heading back out after lunch.

You all have a safe trip up here….and if you see a red cougar stopped along the road, it’s the FW and FD…give’em directions!

rangerski
    North Metro

A Few pics off my bait

lick

Looking good

Thanks for sharing

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Looking good!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Looks like you got a couple shooters around. Good luck!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.