BB/BS youth bass tournament

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Hey everyone, I am going to be hosting a BB/BS youth bass tournament on Aug 8th. I am looking for roughly 16 boats to come and take out a child and thier mentor and teach them some fishing stuff while holding a small bass tournament. I am going to be staging the take off and the weigh in at the Vets camp on Big Marine Lake. start time is 7 a.m to get checked in and get matched up with the little and his/her mentor and get ready for a 4 hour tourney. The weigh in will start at noon with them weighing in thier best 5 fish for plaques and prizes. if you have any questions either pm me or respond to this post and I will get back to you as soon as i can.

this is kind of like the ARM event of years past, but we are fishing for bass.

thanks

shane hildebrandt

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Shane, put me down as a boater. I will PM my contact info

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Shane,

Acronyms, What is BB/BS, I only know of Basketball & bullshit (

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Big Brother/Big sister I believe.

FDR

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

thanks Buzz, I look forward to meeting you.

Yes bb/bs means big brother and big sisters. you would be taking out a match from the organizaiton and having a little fun competition with the bass tournement but mostly to show them some basic stuff like knot tieing and how to fish. these kids love this event and there will be plenty of smiles to go around. i need 15 boats to take these kids out.

thanks

shane

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have helped out at this event in the past. It is a fun event. The kids involved have a lots of fun. For some of these kids this will be their 1st time in a boat or fishing. Hard to beat the Smile on a kids face when catching his 1st fish.

Shane

Not sure of my schedule in early Aug. but if I’m available I’ll show up and help out. Keep me posted as the date gets closer.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

fishthumper,

I will keep ya posted, have to bring the family up, also if you know anyone from the club, spread the word. nice hearing from ya.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

we are also looking for used tackle that is not being used. we are taking donations of plastics and lures and giving them to the kids in thier tackle box for this event.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Shane,

Friend me and send me your mailing address. I have some tackle/gear to send over.

Thanks for coordinating this event.

-J.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Shane,

I have some tackle I can send you as well. PM me your contact/address info.

As for running a boat, I’ll have to defer to a time closer to the event but put me down as a possibility.

Eric

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

thanks Cougareye, I have you down as a maybe, pmed you my contact info.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Can I also get your contact info Shane, I can donate some plastics and a few topwater baits, poppers etc…They will be brand new and unopened.
    They could be used that day or as prizes.
    Thank you for doing this!
    Scott

I got to thinking and maybe spinnerbaits would be better than topwater.
    Let me know.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Prescott Bait Company would be Happy to donate some plastics for your event p.m me the details and I will be happy to send you some. Tim Mathiesen Prescott Bait Company

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

scott sent you a pm

Time Mathiesen sent you a pm as well.

thanks again guys for donating tackle to this event. these kids are in a single parent home and have multiple siblings so the donations help fill thier tackle boxes without the financial burden on the single mom or dad trying to pay the bills. even if you have even a few bags of plastics or even a handfull of lures that you don’t use anymore, we will find a home for them with these kids. Again, thanks for reading this post.

Shane Hildebrandt
    [email protected]
    763-274-4250

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

TTT again.

Folks, if you have anything laying around the garage that no longer gets used, consider donating. Tackle, rods/reel, children size life jackets, old tackle box or even a little cash for new line and extras. This is a worthy cause and Shane will make sure these kids leave with a smile.

Still looking for boaters too.

-J,

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

thanks again for bumping this up to the top Jon. I know the kids will appreciate anything that you are willing to donate for thier tackle boxes and raffle prizes at the end of the day.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

@thebassman85

Shane I left a voicemail for ya, give me a call.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

we are still looking for 8 to 9 more boaters for this event. If you cant be a boater but know someone that might want to come and do this event, pass along my contact iformation.

thanks

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

still looking for boaters, so if you are interested or need more details please contact me. the date is Aug 8th, Big marine lake, we are doing take off from the vets camp on the sout side of the lake. so use either access to drop your boat and come to the vets camp to get paired up with your match for the morning. The event will be from 7 am to around 2 pm.

thanks

David Blais

Shane
    I have a pile of lures I’ll send you. Pm me your shipping address

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i am still in need of boaters for this event, if you want to come and help take a kid fishing please contact me.

thanks

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Count me in Shane.

What’s your deadline on knowing? I’m working on couple other guys but they tend to procrastinate.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

nhamm. i would like to know by the 1st of august so that way I can send out an mass email to everyone and just double check and make sure they have it on the schedule. i appreciate it greatly.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Shane

My schedule looks open that day. Count me in. I also sent a email to a few others to see if they are open and have any interest.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.