baypoint colvill

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

anybody been out recently? just wondering if there are problems getting out of these landings with the super low water conditions.

isu22andy

I launched out of Colvill last weekend no problems – 18 foot Crestliner . No fish to show either ha .

eyeguy507
    SE MN

thanks andy, it has been May since i been up that way. seems really low from normal years. it was november last fall when it got hot and now less flow so its tough to get a good read. i would try can line and the backchannel but i aint out there daily. still nothing better than time on the water to figure it out.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Out of baypoint this past Monday with my 19.5 foot Alumacraft… no issues

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

A lot of tuna boats being pulled out of Bay Point this week. Normally they work around fishing boats.

Last week someone reported to keep your motor trimmed up going out of Colvill to keep the mud out.

Last night Pool 4 in Red Wing reported 2.16′. (Lowest on record is 1.80′)

Jimmy Jones

A lot of tuna boats being pulled out of Bay Point this week.

Those tuna boats sitting on the water is what’s helping to keep the water level up down there. Take them all out and the water level will drop another foot.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

hah True. I’ll keep mine in just for you guys. Least I can do. rotflol

eyeguy507
    SE MN

baypoint was good but those docks are as far down the ramp as i ever recall. didn’t see less than 6′ out of the harbor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.