batteries

• AaronMoore

My battery for my vex don’t hold a charge for a full days fishing anymore (six/seven hours at most), so I need a new one but is it worth getting a lithium one or stick with lead one? If lithium is better by how much? thanks

robby
    Quad Cities

If you can afford the lithium Id go that route. Are they any lighter than standard lead/acid?

AaronMoore

If the lithium hold a charge longer (more ice fishing time)I would not mind paying the extra cost

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Lithium will be much lighter, and hold a charge longer. There is no slow discharge (flickering, dimming, loss of sensitivity) with lithium batteries, when they die, they just shut off, hence why they “last longer”. That being said, if you don’t mind the weight, $20 for a new lead battery would work just fine. I recently replaced mine and I have no issues fishing 8-10 hours on one charge. I recharge every night I get home though. Additionally, you have to pay extra for a special charger… There are benefits, but in my opinion, for a flasher, I don’t see enough upside to justify the price tag.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Aaron- I bit the bullet on the ice force lithium this year, it was on sale first ice. there was a forum on this earlier in season that I really took into consideration. I believe James had meantioned he was going on 4-5 years on his with that and the weight factor and a little extra pocket change it was a win win. for now all I can attest for is the nice difference in weight. I have used it from sun up till sundown twice in the lx-9 but it’s been charged each night so not positive on the additional run time yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.