humbled on 10

• chippee
    sw wi

have been fishing pool 9 so far this year and decided to try 10 today for a change of scenery, the change of scenery did not include fish in the picture 4 dinks and a pike for our efforts today, fished around the pit area mostly and nothing, not any fish in any spots that produced last year, had to really search for what we did catch today, hopefully things start to settle into a summerlike pattern so I know what i’m doing

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

It doesn’t help that the river is up 2 feet from normal river stage,,,

what did you have for water temp ?

chippee
    sw wi

thats why things looked so different we had 67-68 for water temp, only saw 2 other boats bass fishing all morning, should of been a clue, however there were probabaly 10-15 boats grouped up drifting at the mouth of the roessau? channel, should of had bait in the boat and changed species i guess

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

the bass are there…just real tight to shore i think…

in a couple weeks…your summer haunts will be working !!

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

THe fish I’ve been catching have been in super shallow water. Most of the fish have been up in the back of the bays. With the water starting to fall and the rest of the river catching up with the temperature in the back end I also look for the fish to move soon.

pitbull
    Too far from the river

Chippie, I feel ur pain..I fished from the guttenberg dam just up to the wisconsin river… few smallies and a couple monster northern.

I grew up on pool 13 and 14 and the places I fished on 10, a bass on 13 and 14 would be in heaven. It was tough!!
    I was thinking I’m horrible or sumthing lol Anyways I live on the bottom end of 10..i’ll keep ya posted

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Like birdman already stated, shallow is very key right now. Dont be afraid to throw a frog either its starting to heat up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.