Pool 10 Report… Insert your own photo’s…

• jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Since it has been a while since the last report I thought I would change it up a bit. Pool 10 is giving up tons of fish without much effort. Just fish slow and methodical and you will have tons of success. Instead of fancy pictures with cropped backgrounds I thought I would give you a road map and let you experience it for yourself… Please practice catch and release!!!
    Start off at bussy and fish the dredge up into the shallows. ( north east dredge) and follow it around until you get to the flooded grass on the north east side of bussy. Just north of the public ramp. There are some 3 and 4lb green ones that will bite a spinnerbait if rolled slow enough.

Next, exit bussy lake and as you go around the point heading north you will see a small opening where you can go back to some protected docks. Fish senko’s all over the canal area, they are on the docks, bushes, almost everything. Managed about 30 fish in about 30 minutes in this area. A couple 3 lbers but mostly 1.5ers.

3rd stop, Methodist… Yeah, That area sucked but it was still early in the morning. Managed a couple bites on the east side as you are going in. This area will continue to get better but wasn’t yesterday.
    4. hang a left while running up sny where the boat ramp is. Idle up about 100 yards and you will see a little area on the west side that goes back against the RR tracks. A little deeper water and quite a few good bites. Managed a dozen in this area.
    5. Now that you have beat up on those fish head back down to sny and run p until you hit haystack ( last bay on the north side of sny before you hit the main river. ( not Norwegian ).
    Fish the laydowns with a spinnerbait. Fish are scattered but got quite a few of them.
    6. Exit sny and cut across the river towards glenn lake. Fish the rocks from the entrance heading north for smallies. They were not chasing a spinnerbait but would engulf a tube. Brown and orange if you’ve got em.
    7. once you run our of smallies head to the top where canoe train empties in. The bay on the north west side right next to it has largemouth setting up. Little males looking for bedding areas.. as if they will get some action.. anyway, the water was 63 degrees and the sun was out so they were likely just cruising but showing signs of interest.
    8. Leave glenn lake and head north to the dam and work backwards. Start just below the float on the wst side and cast cranks to the flooded tree’s and submerged rocks. You will catch piles and piles of 1 lbers and a couple good ones in the mix.
    9. As you work down from the float fish the cut going in to hog slough, just the current edge on the front side. I caught walleyes on the main river edge of this point and LM on the slough side.
    10. Put the boat on pad and run to the spillway. Use small crankbaits along the spillway face and pay special attention to work it slow but be banging off the rocks. You will know when its right cause you will get bit. If you see the pile of sticks just east of the tube, fish the entire area even out a ways for the bigger fish. There were a dozen holding on this.
    11. When you are done fishing the spillway head south a ways until you get past the marina and see the last set of docks on the west side. They are the ones that are protected by bank on the outside. There is good water and a small bay up in the top. Both largemouth and smallmouth are easily taken. Managed some of the biggest fish of the day in this area!!
    12. now that your arms are tired and most of the day is spent you need to work back to the ramp and call it a day….

Total fish count… over 100, no camera in the boat, guess you will al just have to follow the milk run and update the trip with photo’s of your own…
    Jc

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Side note… the wind kept me out of greymore and the top end of mudd lake which would have both given up plenty of fish. If you are in the area check out the north bay of greymore up my the resturant. They love to spawn up in tis area.A couple more spots I really wanted to fish was the wingdams just south of 5 fingers on the island side, the bay just north of the yellow river, the east /west portion of the river about 3 miles north of the boat ramp. there are a bunch of closing dams trying to protect the bank. I typically pick up early smalies on these rocks and dams. both sides of the river can be rally good. Lastly and probably the area I would have started in… Bagly bay..

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

Nice read and very well put. I didnt have that kind of luck today but it was pretty decent. Most fish came on a swimjig thrown next to wood. i didnt have very much time to explore but like Jermey said put the time in and you will catch fish. I probally missed or had on 5x the fish I caught. I think the cold morning had them nipping at the bait. Nice report, Dan

duckilr
    Mississippi River

champman
    la crosse

looks like about 25 years of river knowledge spilled out on the web!

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Yeah, I hadn’t been fishing up there for a while, I am sure you rememer the good old Team Supreme ( pre crook ) days. Many of these areas were “secrets” lol. I was wondering if anyone would actually take me up on the offer. I especially liked the the prior post… Didn’t he always chine in about how great he was but nobody ever heard of him???

BTW, You heading to Michigan this fal?

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I would be taking all your info and using right now. But I can’t I have to wait till August before I get up to pool 10 again.

Thanks for the post it was great reading

duckilr
    Mississippi River

With reports like that, we’ll all be as good of fisherman as JC.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.