Hows pool 10 looking

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

In two weeks I am going to be making my yearly trip up to pool 10. How are things looking up that way. I have a buddy that was up there pre-fishing for a tournament and he said the water was low.

I am sure that my normaly paterns will work, but I am just wondering if anything crazy is going on with water levels or weeds.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

What weekend do you guys have your tournament in PDC?

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I was out there this morning for a little pre-fishing and the water was in great shape. Visibility was 2 or 3′ in most places. The channel areas seemed clear with the backwaters a bit dirtier. With the hot weekend expected i’m sure the pleasure craft will dirty it up in no time. Not many weeds floating around with temps around 78 in most places. As for being low i didn’t really notice. I would have to think its at mid-summer levels. Hopefully this helps, Dan

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Quote:

What weekend do you guys have your tournament in PDC?

I am not going up for a tournament. Just a group of 8 to 10 guys from another fishing sight are having a get together. We will be up there fishing on 8/23 and 8/24.

You guys are very helpfull every year when I come up so I just want to make sure I get on some fish

ses
    Mississippi River

There is a tournament that weekend out of PDC. Should be a few boats around anyway.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Yeah, I know how that pool can get. I hope that most guys will be fishing spots that everyone knows

Because I don’t know them and I would not be around all the boats then

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

Theres a 4-man open and Hawgz series tourney that weekend. There are no fish on the southern part of the pool. you’re best bet is to go north . Dan

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Well now the guys that I am going with are wanting to fish around Lansing. they all said lets just put in were ever and have a fun braggin rights tournament out of it. But I would at least want to use the same ramp.

I have only been on pool 9 one time and it treated me well. I was there for a tournament and I had a 5 fish limit of 17 and change.

If we fish pool 9 I would really like to bring in a few smallies. So I guess I should start in the channel But then again I got one the last time up that was 17.5″ after we allready pulled 6 keeper largmouth off a log.

It will be fun on either pool

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.