BFL Regional at Beaver Lake

• dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

Was just wondering how many guys have ever been in this part of the country before..Fishing that is..of course going down for the BFL REgional and was just wondering what that part of the world is like.. If anyone has been there before, is there a place a guy can go and get a drink at the end of the day……Maybe a Al Bundy Bar????? Just wondering what I can expect. had a friend that fish there 3 yrs ago and got robbed at gun point as soon as he stepped out of his truck..This was in a Super 8 parking Also any guys going to the Wild Card..Would like to hear….Thanks Doug

champman
    la crosse

best bite is shallow for the largies if you get a good boat draw, there’s three types of water clarity there, stained is best for the lm’s, spots in 40′ dropshoting- look for suspended bait on points if that’s your thing… the hard jerkbait bite should be coming on- lucky craft staysee’s in chart. shad work well. Hope this helps steer you in a direction

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

Thanks Champman for the info. I have already planned on drop shotting alot..I caugth most of my fish in the BFL this year that way…Even in the shallows…Finally maybe something I can teach to others……Even though it’s created for deep lakes and heavy pressure. There are a ton of way to fish it.. Cuz I hate fishing deep….
    Hopefully I’ll see 5 other guys from the Great Lakes on stage down there…..
    Also as season winds down, I’d just like to thank all of you on this web site that in one way or another gave myself and others some insight to this past years fishing season…Thanks again….doug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.