Congrats Joe Hall

• dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

MossBoss- I get exactly what your saying and understand completely..No problem.. ..Here’s another question for you all…Not being any kinds of expert I always heard and read different studies and thought that any kind of catching fish during the spawn “may” increase the mortality rate due to excessive stress on the fish.. Now I don’t really believe that myself. But I don’t know. And with saying that if it would be true or not, and whether its bass or walleyes, we have alot of tournaments during the spawn. But that another issue.
    It seems that some think everyone is breaking the law and we are all poor sportmans..
    If I understand Mt Man correctly that if someone cull in the walleye circut and is reported he is DQ’D or more…Well that happens in the BFL also. So there is no difference I see there. The only thing I know about any of the walleye circut is that we have the past RCL fisherman of the year from my home town in Mr Minnema.. But I would guess whether again it bass of walleye or trout has different view on the rules.. right or wrong that is..And their are those “law breakers” in all of them.
    But either fish when a tournament is held during the spawn, cull or no cull, some of the fish will be displaced.

JHall- kinda of funny how this thread went from congradulating you to this whole debate..
    Funny thing is that when I go to these tourneys that I forgot to look up guys like you, luv2fish, and others one that help keep this web-site going..But whatever is said and how ever anyone feels, keep fishing and keep up the good discussion…Cuz whether one thinks he right or wrong..we all can learn and help out the sport..Hope to meet some of you in person someday…

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Dnitro-

I was enjoying it as I hope you were for about ohh, 20 min untill my blood pressure went up! 20 year old kids arent supposed to have this problem! Ohh well. I guess everyone will keep a closer eye on me in the future cause I am a no good cheater! lol, whatever. I saw some “dude” with writing on his motor , never got a face to go on though. Maybe next time! Great Job!

benotto1
    Onalaska, WI

I have a question for you guys about culling. I was in a tournament this summer and it was a team event (2 people in one boat) and it was a six fish limit. Now legally with two people in the boat you can have 10 fish in the livewells. I know that culling went on in the tournament (my partner and I did it), but what upset me was that some guys were bringing seven or eight fish in to the wiegh-in in case one or more of their fish died on the long trip back to the weigh-in site. I know that one boat’s livewell stopped working with about three hours left to fish, so they brought nine fish to the weigh-in and of those none fish two were dead and was in serious condition , so they weight the six that were still alive. I was wondering what you guys think about this because I realize it is legal to have more thatn six fish in the livewell, but what if you were in a six fish limit tournament can you have more than six fish in the livewell . Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for you thoughts. Good luck on the water .

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.