Milk Run Order

• SLee
    Crystal,MN

Quote:

2006 Dick Hiley/St. Jude Bass Invitational
    Miss. River@Wabasha
    May 7, 2006

Complete Results

Congratulations to our Pro Staff and Field Staff members!

PLACE Team Captain Co-Captain Day 1
    # Day 1
    WT Day 2
    # Day 2
    WT TOTAL
    # TOTAL WEIGHT
    1 Tom Whitehead Smith, Jim 8 16.82 8 20.92 16 37.74
    2 Scott Lambert Lake, Brent 8 19.24 6 15.80 14 35.04
    3 Graham, John Schoneman, Lee 7 13.54 8 20.42 15 33.96
    4 Borgen, Mark Quandt, Bryan 7 14.56 8 18.78 15 33.34
    5 Dean Capra Martin, Pat 6 13.58 8 19.64 14 33.22

SLee
    Crystal,MN

I can post up a bunch more…..if anyone still has doubts?

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Sure… So brad when you comming down.
    jc

BomberA

Quote:

Sure… So brad when you comming down.
    jc

Anytime between July 14-22

jhall
    Lake City, MN

OK You Win…

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

PLACE
    ANGLER

#FISH

WEIGHT

WINNINGS
    1 Jeff Ritter 10 23-01 $10000+Ranger
    2 Dave LeFebre 10 20-07 $9000
    3 Chris Baumgardner 10 18-07 $8000
    4 Mike Feldermann 9 17-12 $7500
    5 Aaron LaRocque 9 14-04 $6500
    Big Bass George Liddle Jr 4-10 $750

10 bass for 23-01…

Thats about a 3-3.5 lb average right?

How about a “Buy JC a Calculator foundation”

BomberA

Thats also day 4 of 200 of the best anglers from the area pounding a flooded pool 4 for 7 plus days

SLee
    Crystal,MN

Quote:

When ever you are ready I would be glad to show you a 20lb sack.

Cade…I would be careful if I were you. You never know what kind of 20 pound sack he will show you!

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Cade, Where were these tourneys at and what pool do you fish?

2 weeks ago Bass World Sports: Top weight was 5 fish 17.58 and 15.71 to get last place in the money. a week before that it took 17.28 to win and 16.63 to get qa check. Sure you can look at other fisheries but I am quite certain you are talking about pool 8.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Well, I guess if it makes you feel better getting a small limit then go for it… What tournaments do you fish again?

who said anything about going after a small limit but anyway, I fish mostly Madison Chain Tournaments namely Big Bucks…my name is Brian Saari. Check out the standings if you’d like.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I fish pools 8 and 9. I have personally caught several limits on the river that exceeded 15 lbs, with my biggest being between 16-1/2 and 17 lbs. I’m no pool 9 veteran, but I have several good spots from Lansing south.

I don’t know where that tourney was, but it was on classicbass.com and was on the mississippi River, the everstart. My simply made point was that there was a tournament, on the river, where not only a check was made at far less than your 3 lb average, but was also won with far less than that also. If you are specifically talking about one pool, then you should include that in your posts. Even though 9&10 are amazing fisheries, I still don’t buy that anyone on this site could just go out on a random day and put together 20 lbs. If you can, save your money and get in the elite series asap!

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Atta boy Brian. Why did they stop comming to pool 10?

Cade, I used to make more money fishing the Team Supreme Circuit. The last year I fished tourneys was 04. I am sure if you do some searching you will run across the results. BTW, Anyone notice the Team Supreme WebSite is back online?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Jeremy,
    I realize you are talking again, about one specific fishery, and that is pool 9. Well I think the rest of us are talking about the entire river in general. That tourney was from up north I believe. I assure you it was not on pool 8.
    Those weights are great but having 15 something pounds being the last check is pretty rare. But doesn’t BWSTA only pay down 3 places anyway?

A LOT of guys in the BFL ran to 9, and you didn’t see 1/4 of the field with 14+ sacks..my point continues to be that if you are on fish in the 2-1/2 lb range, and you catch a limit of them, you have a safety net for when you swing for your 3’s and 4’s, because if you can’t make ’em bite, which often happens considering this is FISHING we are talking about; you still might have a shot at making a check. That’s just my strategy, but Jeremy, if I were you and i was catching 20 lb sacks on 9 every outing, My strategy would be to fish every tourney that came around

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Bass World Sports pays back top 20% I believe. They draw actual fishermen not just the guys with enough money to afford a bassboat. Heck, The Howlands often show up on a johnboat. We all know that fishing days can be tough and that your best fish don’t always bite but if you go out looking for 2.5kb fish and think you are going to be in the money you are only kidding yourself. I appreciate your candor and ability to dig out info on the net to support your lack of experience but I can honestly say that you will find yourself donating your money and becoming frustrated when fishing against the best. You have many years to gain insight. I while I know without a doubt that you are still riding the youthful wave of excitement trying to compete with the fishing people you most closely identify with. I will also let you know that in every case you thought your parent were wrong during your childhood.. Well the fact is that they were not. They had already been there and moved on. I will leave this post with 2 thoughts. First, fishing will not make you a man.. Second listen to those who have been there. They might just take you fishing sometime.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I think it was a lack of boats as well as the travelling involved since they just started up a few years ago and have a bunch of other trails

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Look at the last MSBC Results and see what the guys fishing for a 2.5lb limit got them.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Hilarious, this has become a hotter topic than the “my swim jig is better than yours” discussion

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Hilarious, this has become a hotter topic than the “my swim jig is better than yours” discussion

My swim jig IS better than yours.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

Helps remind me to not bother with this bass forum either with nothing positive being said to much by the looks of it except throwing someone under the bus and letting the train of followers go with it. Dunno who lit the fire up everyones but holy smokes guys chill out

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Look at the last MSBC Results and see what the guys fishing for a 2.5lb limit got them.

As one of those who GOT a 2.5 pound limit, I can testify we were not FISHING FOR a 2.5 pound limit, just ended up that way.

Of course, no one got a 3 pound limit either. But I bet most people were fishing for one.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Dan, I was thinking the exact same thing. 12th place is a good finish though, congrats Dan and Joe!

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Krzoska, you still alive an kicking huh… Nice job.

Yeah, This place is just to boreing without a little banter. If you are looking for a nice fluffy story about how peacful it can be sitting and soaking a worm. Well, Not gonna get it from me. Hey you will never belive this but I have lost another set of pliers. -grin- Anything going on over the next 2 weekends for tourneys?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The point was to look at what a 2.5lb average will get you. Other than a “Great job, sorry to see you were 4 places out of the $$$.”

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Anything going on over the next 2 weekends for tourneys?

July 14th. Catfish Days. You know where I’ll be.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Yeah, I’m still alive, but with the kids, work, home, and trying to get fishing in, I need to find a few more hours in the day, and a few more beers at the end.

The next MSBC is July 8th. Other than that I don’t know of much, but I haven’t really looked for much either. I didn’t even know BWS was still in the area until this post, that’s how much I have been paying attention.

I lost two sets of pliers this year already, though none over the side of the boat. I bought a new pair and then stole BC’s pliers out of his boat too so I could have a spare though.

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Quote:

Helps remind me to not bother with this bass forum either with nothing positive being said to much by the looks of it except throwing someone under the bus and letting the train of followers go with it. Dunno who lit the fire up everyones but holy smokes guys chill out

If your lookin’ to get patted on the back and have your feelings taken into consideration……………thats for the walleye forum, not here.

SLee
    Crystal,MN

Quote:

The point was to look at what a 2.5lb average will get you. Other than a “Great job, sorry to see you were 4 places out of the $$$.”

I think you are completly mistaken about what Cade has been saying. Or else you are just brown noseing JCs butt?

He has been saying a limit of 2.5 pound fish and one or two kickers can be really good. Even your post about the tournament proves it out.The winners bass, other than the kicker …..averaged 2.71 pounds. And thats only if they were all the same size.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

OK You Win…

To directly quote JHall…. OK you win…

GradyH
    Lee's Summit, MO

Although I am far from a river legend, I did win a little $ on the river before I migrated south. I can say if I had a steady pattern or spot to catch 2 1/2 pound fish I would start on them every time. If it became apparent I was not going to get a better bite in these areas I would feel comfortable taking my 2 1/2 average and going looking for bigger bites. This is particularly true in a pro-am event. In a team event I would probably pull the plug on the 2 1/2 pound fish a little quicker.

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Bass World Sports pays back top 20% I believe. They draw actual fishermen not just the guys with enough money to afford a bassboat. First, fishing will not make you a man.. Second listen to those who have been there. They might just take you fishing sometime.

What the H#ll is this JC…….Talk about being cocky, holy crap.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.