Goose Island, May 12

• Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Went out for a few hours tonight with my son and brother-in-law at Goose Island and it was a beautiful evening. Lots of birds to watch and a little breeze kept the bugs away.

Heck, even the fish were biting. We put in at the main landing and immediately started fishing the rocks flipping a baby brush hog. Within five minutes I had one fat little LM in the boat. Caught a smallie and then another largemouth on the drift to the beach and then headed north of the island.

The fish pictured above came on a blue-gill swim jig with an acid rain junebug K-grub. He was lurking in some grass in about 2 feet of water.

After Mom called to say it was time to come home, Gavin got to drive the boat for a few minutes. We stayed out of the mud and had no prop damage, so he did better than I typically do.

We made one more drift down the rocks north of the ramp and landed one more LM and a smallie. It was a great evening.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

nice report Curt. That area has been very productive for me in the past

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

nice job , thanks for the info too!!!

krazzyk45
    La Crosse, WI

Nice lunker! How much does Gavin charge for his guiding services? He might be able to teach me how to actually catch a fish this year. Nice job!

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Gavin did put me on this particular fish in the photo. After helping him untangle his line, help him go potty, and open his Gatorade, we had drifted down a channel I’d never been to before. Once I got him situated I made one cast and landed this 15 incher.

He works pretty cheap. Buy him a blue Gatorade and a Laffy Taffy and he’ll put you on fish.

CR

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Great report and picture Curt.
    Sounds like Gavin is easier to have in the boat than my wife
    Way to go on the fish guys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.