swimjig trailers

• wrp5

I was wondering what 5″ grubs everyone would recommend for swim jigs?

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

action plastics makes pretty good 5″ grubs, you could also check out b fish n tackle 5″ k grubs, i am not too big of a swim jig guy but this is what i hear works.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I have them all. I personally will recommend staying away from the Kailins for swim jig applications. they are a good grub but tend to tear too easily for my liking and the tail wraps up way too much also. My favorite are the action plastics. You get I believe 25 grubs for something like 3-4 bucks. They have the basic absolute essential colors but not much more. That is where I like Brovarney’s swim jig grubs because they have a similar plastic make up to the action plastics, and they have some interesting colors that work well. Bfishin’ also has some great colors. I like cotton candy and wine and roses for enticing postspawn largemouth and smallmouth. lastly, be creative. I have thrown 7″ grubs and caught big fish on my swim jigs, and I have thrown all kinds of different concoctions of trailers that don’t have anything to do with a single tailed grub good luck

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

cade how fast do you fish them swim jigs ? And what weight?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I been using the Brovarney swim baits. their kits include a nice 5″ grub, which appears just slightly shorter that the 5″ Kalin tails.
    I’d fish these slow and steady, they can also be worked down a dropoff, hit bottom, lift and hold, and let it fall further toward you.
    good luck.
    Jack.

chewes
    Lansing, IL also known as the Flatland by the Border of IN.

Grubs – Depends on application!
    The grubs we sell are what I use the most. That being said, this why I use them and others.
    I love Gary and his kids grubs but they are a one fish grub, like the Senko. But they offer some colors you find anywhere else and also offer a 5″ twin tail.
    Zoom – great grub for short strikers and switching to a twin tail will allow you to slow down and pick up finky fish.
    Kallin’s – Love them till the tail gets rapped up in the tinsel and hook.
    BFishin – Best laminate grubs I have seen, also very color specific. They get there grubs right all the time.
    Brovarney Grubs – I searched high and low and these are the most veristal grubs I have found. They do not fall apart easy and they a great tail with a slightly slimier body. With these I use the standard 5″ most of the time, but if I want to slow the bait down or go for bigger fish I switch to the 5″ super mag grub which is a pad field killer. With the bigger grub you can slow roll the jig, with a whole lot of thump happening at the butt end.

But whatever grub you use make sure it is tail down and your jig is running staight and true. Otherwise fix it so they bite it better. I can not tell you how many times I have thrown the same bait but caught I ton more fish than my partner because he doesn’t want to take the time to make sure his jig is running correct.

And yes our grub rainbow is almost as large as our jig rainbow.

Hope this helps!

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

I use both Action and Yamamoto. Yamamoto’s are very soft and tear easy, however the action fished slow is great. Price is another thing. Very expensive. Action’s are probably the best all around for price, color and durability.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.