Cajun Line

• jjonsgaard
    Winona, MN

Has anyone tried out the new Cajun Line by Shakespear? It seems like they have a good idea going for them, but the price so cheap compared to most other brands that it makes you wonder. It has gotten quite a bit of air time on OLN during the morning fishing shows, so I was just wondering what your thoughts were.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I used it a couple years ago….. Did’nt like it. Too much memory. Just my opinion. Which dosn’t account for much.

revermann
    Rice, MN

I used the 3lb test for ice fishing the last two years and loved it.
    But I have not tried it in the summer yet.

Jamie

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I have used it (6lb&8lb)for 2 years now and dont see a problem with much memory at all.I use it for jigging 1/32 up to 3/4 jigs.I’m also using it on size 15and20 reels..
    Just my opion
    Jeff

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I started usung it last year for a leader on leadcore. I really liked it alot. I haven’t tried it yet for anything else but that, thinking of trying it this summer on spinners.

GNFISN

I dont get it! , red line that dissapears as soon as it hits the water ( whats wrong with floro) Yet the most popular triggering- attracting color on lures is red. Red hooks , red beads , red paint , etc. I dont care if its clear or not Think about that as you spool up some reliable clear water florocarbon for REAL invisibilaty.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I’m not a fan…

1. Too much memory
    2. It’s made by Shakespere

BTW- It’s not that new. The stuff has been around a couple years now.

g38
    South metro

Waiting impatiently to try it myself.
    As far as why “red” line disapperas, but hooks attract- the reason is that the line id basically “clear”, or light will go thru it, but hooks being steel, reflect the light available.

Dash4Cash
    Saukville, WI.

g3/8, red line does disappear in the water at about 9 feet of depth, up to 9 feet your line is still red.

Carl

basshundter
    La Crosse, WI

I’v got some 12 lb. cajun on a couple of reels and havn’t had any problems with it. I personally like the stuff. As far as the color goes, I have no idea what the fish can see.

jimt
    Sparta, WI

I’ve used Cajun off and on for the last 4 years or so. I switched to Cajun Advantage this year for all my mono rods. The stuff appears to be smoother with less stretch than their other 2 versions (Lightning and Cast). I’m also one of those “RED” attracts fish nuts…red hooks, red skirts, red cranks etc…I even went as far to switch my braided rods to the Red Power Pro.

Vol02
    Andover, IL

I have been using it (4lb) for a year on my ultra-light for crappie fishing and such. No problems with it of any kind.

I am getting to respool right now with some Suffix Elite. Thought I would give it a try.

Not respooling because I didn’t like the cajun but because I have lost so much from snags etc. do to the brush I always try to fish in I am almost out of line on my spool.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.