when to start

• bassfishincor
    Lax

when is everyone going to start bass fishing is it to early or is it now i was just wondering when every one is going to start

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Started this past Friday . Now I just gotta get my boat out Easter weekend and hit er hard the following weekend.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

It is defintely the time to get out Cory..I haven’t caught anything yet but I haven’t been able to get into the right areas yet. Spent the better part of the day working on the boat and putting on my new trolling motor. I only got out for about 2 hrs at goose island. But if you can get to some deep water with not much current and some structure you might catch some fish. I think clear water would also be key. Next weekend I will be hitting pool 8 real hard

panthercoug
    Mondovi

messed around some on friday (no luck). Gonna put the boat in on tuesday

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Tobi, his kids, and myself both got our boats out this afternoon and fished for about 3 1/2 hours with no fish. We found a couple bays that had water temps as high as 52 degrees I stuck to swim jigs and a jig-n-pig. We may not have got any fish, but it was great to be out in the boats with t-shirts on and still being too warm

zombywuff
    Illinois

I haven’t stopped fishing. Caught my last smallie of the year on Dec. 29th, and my first of this year in Feb. Granted, we have a few small rivers here, one that never freezes over, and the other one has a few treatment plants that provide some warmer water that hold fish in the winter.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I caught my first one last Saturday on a jig in a private pond…

riverfan
    MN

Now that Lake Pepin is ice free there is a 30 mile long, 3 mi wide slow moving surface for the sun to warm. Temps will go up quickly and the bite will turn on!

kris_brantner
    My river

i too broke the ice in the backwaters on pool 4, bad picture tho. fish was only a 2.5 lber at least i didnt start the year off with a little 10 incher like i usually do

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

It was nice fishing with you today Cory..you can fish there/with me any time

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.