emotional night on pool 8

• bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

WOW what a day on the water 23 bass 7 keepers. Max and i got out to fish for some bass on his birthday and the were definetly coooperating with us! max boated the first bass at about 1:30, and the bite was on. I then landed my first on a swimjig the first keeper of the day. Had alittle bad luck with the baitcaster it ended up going over board good thing the jig was hooked on the seat or i would have lost the rig! We started fishig around goose this afternoon we pulled about ten between the two of us the we decided to head north max pulled a couple bass off boat docks with a crankbait we then went on a little adventure getting caught on a sandbar . By this point i was getting dogged pretty good because i was behind in the fish count. I belive by the time we hit 7th street landing the score was 6 to 11 we went in throwing flukes and spinnerbaits i pulled another dink 7-11 starting to catch up… We go and screw around for abit down by the brewery and the head back and decided to fish some rocks with cranks. by this time it was 7:30 and we had to be at the landing at 8:00 with the score still 7-11. My second cast at the rocks i pull out #8 then about two cast later #9 a little while later i pull out #10 these were all out of a rock pile that was about 50 yards long off what max thinks was a wingy . So the score is 10-11 when i set the hook on a what would have been a 16-17″ bass that came unbuttoned about half way back to the boat. Then max has to go and land #12 (you son of a …) I then land a dink. 11-12. thats what the score stayed at because it was to to head back to the landing. we pulled 5 fish off the rock pile in about 25 minutes it was a blast of adrenilen for me knowing the @$$ whopping i took all day and all the trash talk but in the end i let the birthday boy win… Im just kinding i gave it my all at the end there! just wasn’t good enough. What a fun day on the water Ill try and post pics of the keepers in a bit Happy birthday max don’t count on me going so easy on you at the beging next time

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Almost forgot in the midst of the emotional comeback i felt a fish on the crank so i tried to drive the crank home and the crank came flying back into the boat and left a big red mark on the birthday boys chest. IT was definetley a jerimiah shaver hook set !

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

sounds like a fund time nick. I’ll be on the water today in some of those areas with justin. We’re going to do a little of everything i think. Were the fish you were catching mostly largemouth or were there smallies mixed in too?
    Also, was the “rock pile” on the main channel? if you see a short rock stretch on the bank, sometimes it actually is a wingdam. when the water is really low like it is again now, the beginning of the wingdam will sometimes be exposed. thats one way i’ve been locating wingdams as they can be hard to find with little experience on the channel.
    Good report.

ZoomHog1
    LaCrosse, WI USA

(Nick u spelled begining wrong.)

The fish were all largies for me and like 1 smallie. The rocks were close to the channel, strait out from on shore rocks, had bouys (milk jugs) all along the length of the channel right strait out from the on shore rocks, Had a change in water on the surface, and i left my motor down while troling and it scraped against something sooo… I’m shure it was a wingy.

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Sorry max it was a bit of a long post if you can’t see that! im just glad you finally read one . Yeah im pretty sure it was a wingy to. it started jutting out there was a rock pile and then it started coming out into a wingy im pretty sure it wasn’t on the main channel though?

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

All locations are disclosed at this point

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

i have a few more pics but if no one wants to see them i won’t waste time editing them

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You are going through a lot of work, have you ever just tried cropping you pics?

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

yeah the second one i did and it went alot easier!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I’m talking like with a photo editor!
    If you are worried about your background, from these 2 pics, anyone who can tell where these pictures came from has been fishing there just as long (if not longer) as I have been.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Quote:

All locations are disclosed at this point

I already know where you were!
    another way to save time rather than editting your pics is to simiply take them the way i did above so you don’t see anything in the background, just as Bret also did. I caught this fish in an area today that would have been so obvious if i tried to take a picture and fish were all over this place so i sat down and justin stood up for the picture.

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

i bet you don’t have any idea where we were yeasterday! It wasn’t the tourney spot if thats where you were thinking

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

No thats not where i was thinking. Just by the report it sounded like somewhere where we fished today. and caught some fish. There is a laydown in the open where there were bass busting all over in the area i am thinking of and its near some docks…I got one solid fish there but we were being pretty rude to the other people that were about 20 yards away by fishing so close so we had to leave. we also ran into a sandbar in that area…I just put 2 and 2 together… I could be wrong though!
    did you fish around the backside of goose at all?

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

all locations are disclosed but yeah it sounds like the same area… Shoot me a pm i think it’s the same area… we fished the back side of goose also

ZoomHog1
    LaCrosse, WI USA

Ya we got our spots

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

we were being pretty rude to the other people that were about 20 yards away by fishing so close so we had to leave.

That was halarious

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Quote:

(Nick u spelled begining wrong.)

The fish were all largies for me and like 1 smallie. The rocks were close to the channel, strait out from on shore rocks, had bouys (milk jugs) all along the length of the channel right strait out from the on shore rocks, Had a change in water on the surface, and i left my motor down while troling and it scraped against something sooo… I’m shure it was a wingy.

Max you spelled straight, trolling , and sure wrong!

No offense dude

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.