Jig X

• B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Has anyone ever seen this jig before? I would think that the position of the eyelet would affect the action of the jig dramatically. Just wondering if anyone has used this before.

http://verticallures.com/

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Boy. That is definetly a different jig!Looks kind of cool.I bet ig goes through the weeds great!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

that looks kind of cool, but i agree with BC, it would effect the action. And i bet it would be hard to tie a knot way back there as well.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

The Area on top the jig where the line exits better be pretty round or it will definately wear on the line. Interesting to say the least. I guess I will have to try one either way.
    jc

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

JC is right, that could really be a huge wear spot for the line. Tieing that knot does not look like fun either.

luv2fish
    Marion, IA

I will be curious once I try one too…I don’t think it would wear too much—in theory it is no different than pegging a texas rig.

danwi
    westby wi

I have enuff trouble tieing a knot when it’s where it belongs.

zombywuff
    Illinois

I agree with you, Dan. Arthritis and bad eyes make tieing any knot a challenge these days!

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

Looks like they are offering a good sponsorship if someone needs one.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Quote:

I will be curious once I try one too…I don’t think it would wear too much—in theory it is no different than pegging a texas rig.

I would think it to be different in that the hook is fixed to the head so when you do have a fish on the head of the jig would be the direct contact point and twisted/turned with every movement of the fish. On the texas rig even pegged the point were the line comes out can swivle at the hook eye. Does this make sense to anyone else? Trying to draw a pic and cannot do it with words very well.

danwi
    westby wi

I wouldnt mind having a sponsor like that myself

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Easy to tie knot? You must like complexity.
    If its not a polimer its not for this guy…
    jc

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.