Tournament on pools 4 &5??

• mikemac10
    Eau Claire, WI

I heard that there is going to be a big bass tournament on pools 4 and 5 this weekend, and I was planning on doing some bass fishing. how many boats are in it? Are there places that a lot of them go that I might want to avoid? Maybe I can just go friday that way I wont be in their way. Thanks!

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Not sure how many boats but there is a combined MN/WI FOM tournie on 4 and 5 Saturday the 23rd – practice Friday the 22nd – 50 to 70 boats maybe? usually when it is just WI west division there is 30 to 35 and this is combined. Don’t know how many will lock through to 5 because it takes off on 4, 5 may me a better choice.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

i think this weekend will really be a zoo with 2fom tourneys and the k-fan st. jude next weekend people will be pre fishing for that as well. gonna be some sore lips

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I second that. Hopefully they all get a lockjaw this weekend.

BomberA

Quote:

I second that. Hopefully they all get a lockjaw this weekend.

I don’t think the smallies could lock their jaws any tighter than what they are now. Any guesses on weights for this weekend. I’m not fishing the tournament but I have talked to a lot of guys who are and I’m betting that most baskets will consist of largemouth. However, if that Alaska boat I’ve seen buzzing around is on smallmouth things might change. Based on last weekend, I’ll be surprised if you see many baskets over 14 pounds.

Good luck to all who are fishing!

davec
    St. Paul MN.

Mikemac10, it is impossible for me to schedule of rec.fishing around schedule tourneys,I never worry about being in there way,I may back -off fish for a tourny angler,but rarly reschedule an rec. outing around a schedule event.
    The summer is to short and then may go watch weigh-in.

mikemac10
    Eau Claire, WI

Well it looks like tomorrow is going to be crappy out anyways. It is only supposed to be 50 on saturday, do you think the fish will even bite?

kris_brantner
    My river

ya how bout it hall, bomber wants to know if your on ne smallies

jhall
    Lake City, MN

It wasnt me, doubt the cold will hurt though honestly. Im guessing 17 to win, but its just a guess. Sunday should be an intresting day though.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Is it a six fish limit?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Aren’t you fishing team Supreme Sunday Joe?

2Fishy4U

I am not a bass guy but went out on Pool 6 yesterday (gates are open) and caught five of the nicest smallies ever; all trolling for Walleyes with a shad rap.

Good luck.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

nope, its five and I was WAY off. After I saw what was going on, I thought 15lbs may do it. I think there were two teams over 19!!! The wind really played a factor but im full of excuses. See ya sunday eric, but im not looking forward to it.

JHall

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.