Pools 2-5 Bass Fishing

• like_mike-ike
    Burnsville, Minnesota

How is the bass fishing on the Mississippi this time of year? I have never tried it and would like to.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi likeMikeIke,
    don’t know enough about the bass fishing on the river to answer your question, but wanted to say HI and welcome to IDA. come back often.
    Jack..

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

We just had a paper tourney there yesterday on P2. 104 inches won it for 6 bass. 6 boats and only one team did not bring in fish. Over 30 bass caught and released. Even my 12 year old son caught a 16″. I caught 2…14 1/2 and 15 1/2. Big bass was 20 3/8. This is only the second time fishing P2 for largemouth and I was surprised of the amount of fish down there. Was worth the $15 entry to see where these guys get there fish. PM me and I’ll let you know.

Mark Schutz
    Minnetonka, Mille Lacs

Hi Mike,
    Just got back from the River this past weekend. The bass fishing is good when you find the fish. There is alot of water out there to cover. Find the warmest water for largemouth. White All-Terrain swim jigs worked well, so did black. Smallmouth were being caught on jerkbaits. We just had a tournament on the river pools 4/5 and 19.83lbs of smallies won the event. You can check out more information about the tournament or fishing information at http://www.MNFOM.com .Fishing can be very good now for bass. Give it a try.
    Good Fishing
    FishSchutz

bassless

Well was out yesterday, along with the wind and rain, Didn’t stay out long! Few smallies along riprap on a suspended husky jerk bait. but got cold fast and went in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.