Chronarch Dillema

• alkfish
    St Paul MN

I am window shopping for a new reel or 2. I have 2 chronarchs now, but I am looking at all the different options for chronarchs and now I am not sure which one to pursue. The super free,MG(1/2 the weight),standard ol reliable, or new b version. ARRRRRRRRG too many choices.

Is it worth the extra coin for the pimped out chronarchs or stick to the standard?

All comments will be appreciated!

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

hey lance its shaun (ginas oldest son),
    Hows it goin? Man i cant wait for open water! Anyway I recommend the zebco 202, it has proven to be the best around and is very durable. j/k

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Shaun you fishin’ machine! You got a couple of your 202’s for sale? Or can u give up the big dawg 808?

Seriously though, when the fishing heats up get a hold of me and jump in the boat so we can to some fishin.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Hey alkfish,

If livetofish/mn won’t give up one of those 202, I’ll loan you this one.

Just kiddin’ ………This rod never leaves the boat.

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Yessssssssss that is perfected for pitching heavy timber
    LOL

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Get the B!!! Any reel that has the same front-end as a Cadillac CTS has to be the bomb!

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

lmao! ya that would be great. I’ll have to take ya up on that offer. Maybe me, you, and dean could the hit the water sometime too but either way it would be a blast. I love this site, i could sit and read it for hours. Anyway i gotta head off to church. ttyl
    -shaun

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

I have a standard chronarch 100 A and my wife bought me a 100mg last xmas- I love it- its extremely light and smooth. Obviously, this is not a scienific pov and ive only had it a year so cant comment on durability overall but shimano in general is very durable again imho. If money is not an issue and i was buying one it would be the mg.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I talked to the Shimano rep last night. The new b version of the chronarch actually has a large part of the reel made from magnesium. It also has the HEG feature. High efficiency gears that allow you to reel in most any lure with ease. For example you could reel in a 3/4 ounce spinnerbait with a number 7 colorado blade or a DT 16 and it wouldn’t take any more effort than reeling in a 1/4 ounce swim jig. At least that’s what he told me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.