It’s Pretty Sad

• flick
    Alma WI

Its pretty sad when you leave your boat outside an lock everything up an you put the cover on …But yet still stuff gets stolen…I was keepin my boat down at my dads bait store for a couple days locked up an cover on but yet they still found somethin to steal…they stole my 26 pitch Tempest prop off it. …an the sad thing is they didnt take any of the hardware with it to use it….they just left it all on the ground…..I tell ya some people are pathetic….what they wont do for an extra buck…..
    sorry I needed to vent….

herb
    6ft under

Yup, it happens all the time everywhere and it’s still pretty sad.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I wish you could have caught them in the act. Every time I am in a parking lot and I see someone working on or going through a boat I stop and shoot the crap….you can tell if they belong there or not. Sometimes I end up with good fishing info also. That is the plus side. We as boat owners have got to look out for each other!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Dylan, I was in fishing there a couple years ago and came back from fishing to find that my safety chain had been stolen off my tralier. The ironic thing was that they put their old rusty broken safety chain on my trailer so I wouldn’t have to trailer my boat home with no chain at all. Only one of the chains were broken so I atleast had one chain. The thing that probably hurt the most from this was that it must of been another fisherman that did it as a regular thief wouldn’t have cared enough to put his old broken one on my trailer. It hurts when its one of our own kind [fisherman].
    Thanks, Bill

herb
    6ft under

By the way, thanks Bill.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

They were not one of your own kind!!!!!!!!!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sorry…One of our own kind!!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Dylan,
    am real sorry to hear of some of the LOW lifes around town who have to steal a PROP that they really prob aren’t even going to use . it’s a real bummer. you were probably on the way out to the river for some fishing which would really ruin the whole day. Hope you are doing well, and get back on the water soon. Jack..

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Not cool, Flick…too bad you couldn’t have seent them do it.

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

It reminds me of the line in “Pulp Fiction” when Vincent is talking about his Malibu getting keyed. “I wish I could have caught him doin’ it. It woulda been worth him doin’ it just to have caught him doin’ it” (loosely quoted) I felt much the same way when my truck got broken into, right in front of my new house, on Thanksgiving of all days.
    As a side note, if you do catch them in the act and shoot them, you have to drag them into the house and clean up the street BEFORE you call the cops….

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

As a side note, if you do catch them in the act and shoot them, you have to drag them into the house and clean up the street BEFORE you call the cops….

I am not shooting. Lets see if they can still steal after I smash all their fingers.

Sorry about your prop.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.