What’s your favorite Bass Lure?

• mac5

What’s your favorite or “old faithful” bass lure? Share your favorite type, color and size of lure.

I was fishing saturday and had pretty good luck with a plastic nightcrawler. It was natural brown color and I let it drop to the bottom and slowly jigged it up and over the rocks.

bigdog1
    NW Wisconsin

If i could only have one it would be a brown 4″ power tube

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Hmmm… THAT is a tough question… only ONE, to fish all conditions, eh?

Watermelon Chomper’s Tube with Red fleck, Red 3/0 Gammy EWG Hook, and 1/4 Oz Brass Weight. Whew…

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Storm Chug Bug

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Hmm.

A smoke tube with black and red fleck, or a white/chart jig.

Thanks ,

illinois

4 inch gene larew salt craw black neon with chartruce pinchers
    if the bite gets tough this always getts at least one

hodge91
    La Crosse WI

Black\Blue rattle jig and plastic Zoom Chunk trailer

alans
    Waterford, WI

spinnerbait.

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

a 5 inch senko wacky rigged in a dark blue

bassinfever
    Wausau, WI

A Stone jig 3/8in Delta special with a Chompers 5″ single tail grub in watermelon red flake.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

the FATTEST 4″ green pumpkin tube I can find!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

White/Yellow Dahlberg Diver tied on a 1/0 hook. Not the **BEST** Bass lure I know of, just my favorite!

Rootski

mattkenseth17
    FOND DU LAC

5 in white senko or a black and red neon 4 in tube

krisko
    Durand, WI

Mine is a Rapala Skitter Pop. 3″ silver and blue…..

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Hey Jeremy…….Do you think it’s a coincidence that I got 2 calls at the bait shop I work at yesterday asking if we had any “Old Rapala Fat Raps”?

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Too Funny.
    If you do though you better senf them my way. I’ll give you what you are asking for them. I really wonder if those people are reading the forum…
    jc

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Too late……..This fellow that called himself “The Flecked One” already asked for dibs on all of them

duckilr
    Mississippi River

I’d have to agree….
    5″ Senko black/blue laminate = big bass

drm

stable conditions-nothing beats a rattlin chug bug-given your on active fish,,i have caught tons of nice smallies off wingdams with adjacent sand flats on chug bugs..prefer all black ones…just my two cents..mike tice

fishbone
    Southern Minnesota

without a doubt…..a 5 in. senko- pumpkin or black with red flake. This time of the year, flipping or pitching under docks and lifts on most local lakes produce large fish.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

WOW tough one…

If by favorite you mean the most fun I would agree with MossBoss Storm Chug Bug

For my Favorite new bait that I have used this year with great results I would agree with jeff h.

without a doubt…..a 5 in. senko- pumpkin or black with red flake. This time of the year, flipping or pitching under docks and lifts on most local lakes produce large fish.

But for my day in and day out any conditions My Favorite would have to go with a 3″ watermelon and red fleck or Black with blue fleck tube rigged texas.

djmr
    Holmen, WI

I’d have to say the Rapala jointed shad rap. I’ve caught fish in a variety of conditions on this bait. Its funny someone in our club told me they only catch walleyes, just hope he keeps thinking that. 2nd would be a chompers twin tail grub on 1/4 once chompers weedless jig.

kennedy
    Manchester, Ia

4″ magnum tube. Black w/ Red Flake.

Chris

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well concidering that i only fish in the heavy slop, I am really partial to a scum frog. I have produced fish in all conditions with it at all different times. that is my 2 cents.

shane

danwi
    westby wi

with out a doubt the tube bait!Just about any shade of green will do.When fall comes around i hit the wing dams and rattle traps an jointed shad raps do the trick.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

my big fish lure is the 3/8 rattling/pro model jig, blk/bl, with big Zoom blk chunk. my really fun lure has to be a blk Scum frog, quess I’m a visual guy. Jack..

davec
    St. Paul MN.

Weight-less tubes are hard to beat,active or inactive fish, they seem to get the bites.

bassmaster06
    Wabasha, MN

i like to use a black buzzbait with a black and green skirt

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.