wenesday night spanking..

• smoke grub

okay.. so I have been fishing with two kids,( that allow me to go fishing, since I won’t go out alone)who never flipped before.. this past weeking I was fishing further up the river and we caught some very nice fish flipping.. So I got the guys.. ( 17, 24) and we went to Goose Island on pool 8.. What I really know about Goose Island, you could put in a timble and have lots of room.. But we got in there and spent about 45 minutes learning Technique.. pitching either flip craws or Sweet beavers.. and we rolled a couple of fish.. in eel grass.. and then it just went down hill. I cant’ cover water “fast” with these guys, because they will lose feel.. and flippin is a technique that I have lost my feel for as well although last weekend, I did okay for my self.. any how after two hours of nothing.. I pulled the pin and moved over to Lawrence lake to fish where we had flipped some fish last year.. WOW.. the weeds were totally different, and again.. we stunk the joint up.. We ended about 830 last night with a true pool 8 spanking… it was a bitter pill, after having a better day this previous weekend.. a real spanking.. rip away, smack me again, or give some suggestions.. I did however buy the guys ice cream cones for the somber trip home..

Keppinhiemer

Thats Fishing guy if you cant find them flippin try something else! keep on trying things the fish will let you know what there in the mood for!!!!

stevenoak

Use to fish that area a lot. Places it sounds like you are fishing might not have enough oxygen to keep a crawdad alive in July and August. If you want to fish craws I would go to running backwaters with some depth nearby. Or go to the main channel and fish rocky areas. If you want to fish bay areas, do it very early am. Good luck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.