rage rails

• chippee
    sw wi

just starting to add froggin to my arsenal and need advice on a problem, how do you guys fishthe rage tail frogs, I had mine rigged on a single 5/0 gamakatsu wide gap hook, but the frog kept spinning and flipping over on the retrieve, any tips on keeping it upright

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I don’t use the rage, but rather a lot of ribbits and don’t have that issue. But I would think if you used the 4/0 or 5/0 EWG weighted in 1/8th oz that would cure your problem

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Randy –

I was down in your neck of the woods, yesterday. Picked up a used Toon for the family on the Fox Lake Chain. Nice big water.

Shallow – must be a good bass lake

Dog

DrewH
    s/w WI.

I started using them last year. I used the dark green over light green. I had a lot of blow ups, but few hook ups. ( may be size of the bass). I then followed up with a green senko and had a 80% hook up on the blow up fish. It has to be hooked on the side and straight. I will check later on hook size. Hold rod tip high and reel as fast as needed to keep it working on the surface. Did you release the tail from the body?

chippee
    sw wi

yes did release the tails, my partner was fishing the same and tried some crimp on weights on his hook but that didnt help much I’ve read some cabelas reviews today and sounds like their aqua glo frogs got much better reviews for not flipping over, maybe a regular 2 hook frog hook would help too, we also had sucess throwing a texas rig in the blow up holes after a swing and a miss

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

4/0 or 6/0 Owner Beast twistlock hooks seem to be the best for me for this application. Either in the 1/8 oz or 1/4 oz

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Solution: never use buzz frogs

boods
    Lancaster, WI

Quote:

Solution: never use buzz frogs

I’m with Cade on this one..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.