pool 2

• jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Me and a buddy went out yesterday on pool 2 and headed south near grey cloud and were cruising around scoping out some spots and i noticed a few eagles close to shore swooping around and nabbing fish in the shallows, so we eased in and seen alot of baitfish getting chased around. The front of the boat was in 2 fow with the back of the boat at 15 some feet! The fishing was excellent with most fish coming off gulp minnow. We were casting and reeling with fast and erratic speed for most of our bites. Most fish were in 2-5 fow. We caught mostly white bass and smallmouth but seen a few diff species that we didnt hook into. I defenately plan on getting out soon again to try a few more spots.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Went out to that same spot today and caught 5 walleye and 6 white bass. Most fish were 4 feet or shallower near a thick patch of weeds. They were chasing baitfish all over in the shallows. Used jumbo leeches till they got em all then started casting gulp minnow and had success with both. Anyone else finding the fish in real shallow water?? Seems like a cant even get a bite over 12 feet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.