Baseball Card Values and Buyers – Where to Start?

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

My family has inherited a ton of baseball/football cards – it’s gonna take some time to go through them all. I have no great interest in them, and would just assume sell them, but I have no idea where to start. Any advise on buyers that would be fair? There are unopened boxes of them, Ted Williams, Kirby, Joe Montana, Yastremski – and on and on. Thanks!

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m of no help to you but I’ll be following this thread as well. I collected cards like crazy when I was a kid and they’re not doing me any good right now. I’d probably take what little money I can get from them at this point. When I was growing up I’d get the Beckett baseball card price guides but from what I’ve heard prices for them have gone way down.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My family has inherited a ton of baseball/football cards – it’s gonna take some time to go through them all. I have no great interest in them, and would just assume sell them, but I have no idea where to start. Any advise on buyers that would be fair? There are unopened boxes of them, Ted Williams, Kirby, Joe Montana, Yastremski – and on and on. Thanks!

PM me. My dad runs an online antique store and he also is a professional appraiser. Been doing it for over 10 years. He will drive to your location and help with an appraisal and or can offer to buy as well if that’s what you’re looking for

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Interesting. I have 3 bigger rubbermaid tubs of football baseball cards. I used to buy cards when I was young. I have many many old cool cards and no reason to keep them

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Lets not flood the market now boys :grin

eyeguy507
    SE MN

80’s 90’s and later, cards were so popular the market was flooded with them. I have a pile from those years and they ain’t worth a lick! The older ones as well as error cards are the ones that fetch the dollars and rookie cards. I have thousands of them and if I could get a $100 bill for all, I would gladly do it!

tangler
    Inactive

PSA grading ruined everything fun about sports cards in my opinion. But if you want real value, I would take the rarest of the rare and have them graded before attempting to sell.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Had around 100,000 hockey/baseball/football cards from the early 80s & earlier. Recently loaded my truck with them along with some cardboard, cardboard meant for Minnetonka recycling & the cards to go to anyone at the baseball fields next to. While at the recycling place, met a guy who was recycling a truck load of books. After talking to him he said some of the books are saved/sent to needy kids overseas, that’s when I showed him the cards, cards are gone.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m sure that, like me, this thread is bringing back memories for a lot of you. Any of you who grew up in MN ever wait after Twins games for autographs? At the old Dome they had an exit where the players would come out from underground and go to their parking lot. A railing was set up so that people couldn’t follow the player, but if the players wanted to stick around and sign a few autographs they could go down the line. Being that the Twins have been awful most of my life, especially my childhood in the 90’s, I’ve got a few cards autographed by Dan Serafini, Frank Rodriguez, Scott Stahoviak, and Ron Coomer, if anyone’s interested. I’ll take best offer

jester

hnd

you’ll be surprised at how quick a guy who knows cards can quickly go through them. 80’s and 90’s is a bad time because everyone my age has a tote full of them sitting somewhere. there are some cards worth money but if there are sub 70’s cards and some graded ones, you could be sitting on a chunk of cash.

brunn
    Andover, MN

On behalf of those who still enjoy the hobby, please take your 80’s and 90’s cards and enjoy a nice bonfire. smile

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I too have a few bins full of 1989-1991. Went down memory lane a few years ago and ended up getting sick for a month due to some aging dust all over everything. Moving this fall and they may not make the trip.

milemark_714

I went through the same with binders of sports cards.But certain Yugioh and Pokemon cards can fetch a nice price.

This one went for just under 5 bills!

Attachments:
    1. DSCN0311.jpg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.