Bank charger not charging the rear battery

• tim hurley

The light on the charger turned green to tell me everything was charged, accesories were all ‘off’ and the battery is new.The trolling motor batteries have been fine, any ideas?
    Thanks

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

A quick simple test would be to swap charging wires from a different bank.

What brand of charger?

all green lights??? hope it’s not you new battery…

munchy
    NULL

Did you check the fuses?

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

If you have multimeter it should be a ez test.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

By “Rear Battery” do you mean the starting/outboard battery?

I have 2 batteries up front for the 24V trolling motor only. The bank charger charges both of them but does not have anything to do with the rear starting battery. All the accessories (bilge/livewell/nav lights/electronics) run of the starting battery. The motor charges the rear battery. If you don’t run the motor much the rear battery may need charging from time to time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I line fuse on the charger. Mine has done that a few times

tim hurley

Tomorrow I should have time to look at it and you guys have given me some good strategies, I do have a multimeter (that I have never used) was planning on checking the fuses did not know their was an in line fuse. Not sure the brand, pretty sure the bank charges all 3-Battery is new and I may have to take it back. Thanks all, I’ll post again tomorrow hopefully with good news (BTW if you have a pull start and no T&T I do miss those rigs sometimes)

tim hurley

Now the panel for accesories does not work, fuses look fine-the motor starts, tilt and trim work-ideas?
    Thanks

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Not sure what brand you are using? Best thing I’ve ever done for my boat batteries was switch from Minnkota to ProMariner charger. All my battery and charging woes are now a thing of the past.

tim hurley

Ha! That’s what I have! Not to say its a bad product, I like how my boat was rigged and am hoping this turns out to be a minor problem. Thanks

tim hurley

BTW went to Fish-lectronics, they can put in a jumper switch to jump from the front batteries automatically, might have that done, its not too expensive. Found out my panel was not working because a breaker was tripped-2 second fix. Still not sure if my motor has an alternator or even if the bank charger goes to the back battery-for now I can just use a trickle charger, probably only have 10 trips left this year anyway-thanks

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

BTW went to Fish-lectronics, they can put in a jumper switch to jump from the front batteries automatically, might have that done, its not too expensive. Found out my panel was not working because a breaker was tripped-2 second fix. Still not sure if my motor has an alternator or even if the bank charger goes to the back battery-for now I can just use a trickle charger, probably only have 10 trips left this year anyway-thanks

Why don’t you just follow the feeders or see if it’s hooked up on the battery

bigcrappie
    Blaine

You probably only have a 2 bank charger for the trolling motor batteries only. The starting battery charges with the big motor. But some people upgrade to a 3 bank charger to cover the starting battery. Time to go shopping.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.