Feeding in MN

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I was unaware it was legal to bait anywhere in the state. So what does this mean exactly we can now bait of any kind in the counties announced?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was unaware it was legal to bait anywhere in the state. So what does this mean exactly we can now bait of any kind in the counties announced?

No baiting, my original heading was wrong. Feeding deer in MN is now legal. Hunting over bait is still illegal.
    They should have done this over the tough winter. So the deer could be fed by the local neighbors. Having a feeder in the back yard was illegal here and now in these counties it is now legal.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im pretty sure its still
    Illegal to bait state wide and this is just feeding deer in areas there is not any hunting

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Im pretty sure its still
    Illegal to bait state wide and this is just feeding deer in areas there is not any hunting

Correct

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Carter Johnson wrote:</div>
    Im pretty sure its still

Correct

Ok now I’m tracking. Yeah that would have been helpful over this last winter.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My original post said bait, lol that was my bad. About as soon as I exited out of the post I thought I better change the title.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Still illegal in Cass. flame

blank

The likely reason why they waited until this summer rather than the winter is because deer herd up more in the winter and thus higher chance of disease to be spread when attracted to a feeder. Especially CWD which can be spread with saliva.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The likely reason why they waited until this summer rather than the winter is because deer herd up more in the winter and thus higher chance of disease to be spread when attracted to a feeder. Especially CWD which can be spread with saliva.

What’s that matter ? It’ll be legal all winter now.

Jimmy Jones

The dnr can start and stop feeding bans at will.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

The dnr can start and stop feeding bans at will.

So we are thinking this will be legal for 2 months then banned again?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m not sure anyone followed the law prior anyway. I wasn’t feeding deer all last winter, I was feeding squirrels and birds. Those deer just keep eating out of my LARGE squirrel and bird feeder. jester

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m not sure anyone followed the law prior anyway. I wasn’t feeding deer all last winter, I was feeding squirrels and birds. Those deer just keep eating out of my LARGE squirrel and bird feeder. jester

My neighbors all had the same issues. I don’t have a feeder nor the property to do so. I always find these laws strange when I can now feed in a county but it’s banned in the direct neighboring county

Coletrain27

no wonder why your complaining about grocery prices… the deer ate all your grocery money rotflol

Coletrain27

My neighbors all had the same issues. I don’t have a feeder nor the property to do so. I always find these laws strange when I can now feed in a county but it’s banned in the direct neighboring county

its just like the deer hunting zones. the zone i hunt in has never been a high cwd area but right across the highway is jester

but i get it, they have to draw the boundaries somewhere i guess even though it seems stupid

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Feeders have to be 6’ off the ground but the squirrels do knock Alot out of there. wink

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Some “laws”…. hahaha, pfffffT

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.