Badgers vs gopehers

• supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Ok lets hear the predictions. Last week I predicted incorrectly but I feel better this week. Badgers win unless the badgers turn the ball over more then 2 times. Go Badgers!

Dan
    Southeast MN

I believe the line is Wisconsin by 7. I would say that seems fair, Wisconsin by 7 plus or minus a field goal, so it could be UW by 3-4 or 10.

Is the west still winnable for Wisconsin if they win today after Iowa’s win yesterday?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Badgers win would send them to the bigten championship, gopher win would send Iowa to the championship.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

are they on TV, what channel?? i heard it was like a 3 pm game???????

CaptainMusky

They are on fox9.
    Excited for the game. Hoping the gophers can pull it out. Will be a tough one but if tanner plays like last week they will have a good chance.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

They are on fox9.
    Excited for the game. Hoping the gophers can pull it out. Will be a tough one but if tanner plays like last week they will have a good chance.

waytogo waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Wisconsin is on a 7 game win streak. They won a close one against Nebraska last week but the previous 6 wins weren’t even close. They were steamrolling opponents, including Iowa who they beat by 20.

The Wisconsin running game has really taken off lately. They have a 17 year old freshman stud RB named Braelon Allen that has picked up the pace recently.

I think it could get out of hand quickly if Wisconsin gets ahead by 2 scores. They’ll run the ball heavily and pressure Morgan into throwing more.

My prediction is that the battle axe stays in Madison (again) by a score of 27-10.

MX1825

The freshman running back was recruited to be a safety. Kept getting bigger and they thought maybe make him in to a linebacker.
    Long story short Wisconsin got short in running backs and moved him to tailback. Set school record for most consecutive 100 yard games by a freshman. He should be all conference this year as a 17 year old.

MX1825

Congrats to the Gophers today.
    PJ had his team ready to play and Chryst didn’t.
    Badgers been flat the last 2 weeks.

blackbay

Well the Gophers actually managed to win the Paul Bunyan’s ax back!!!!!!!!!! chased

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Great game by Fleck and the Gophers! Nice spelling by the way, supercat LOL

Dan
    Southeast MN

Gophers really controlled pretty much the whole game. Wisconsin was likely a tad overrated at 13.

I’ve said it before, this is a year of what could’ve been for the Gophers. Beat Bowling Green and Illinois and they’re 10-2 and likely top-10. Then again a lot of the Big10 has been that way. Purdue wasn’t good and then improved big time. Indiana started out ranked and turned out awful. Nebraska almost beat everyone and ended up hardly beating anyone. Really sucks to think of what the season could have been for the Gophers but everything was unpredictable this year.

College football is a blast.

CaptainMusky

This game shouldn’t have been close. Gophers got jobbed on the spot for that one drive and they ended up getting points. The gophs dominated.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Y’all know the Gophers have not been one of my favorite teams but when the stars are in line!
    WE LOVE YA!!! woot yay peace applause

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Gophers really controlled pretty much the whole game. Wisconsin was likely a tad overrated at 13.

I’ve said it before, this is a year of what could’ve been for the Gophers. Beat Bowling Green and Illinois and they’re 10-2 and likely top-10. Then again a lot of the Big10 has been that way. Purdue wasn’t good and then improved big time. Indiana started out ranked and turned out awful. Nebraska almost beat everyone and ended up hardly beating anyone. Really sucks to think of what the season could have been for the Gophers but everything was unpredictable this year.

With what you said, I could have not agreed more.!

I hope that Iowa can find an offence to pair with their defence and special teams! Please, please oh please!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Denny i think you need to send some champaign up to the rodents locker room…….

glenn57
    cold spring mn

they showed a stat several times that nebraska lost 9 games by single digits this year….a first in fbs history

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Denny i think you need to send some champaign up to the rodents locker room…….

If I had an address I’d send someone something for sure!

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Great day to be aGopher fan. Still the season is a head scratcher. PJ is an inconsistent magician.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That was pretty cool when everyone was on the field afterwards and they played Jump Around.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Speaking of rodents, did you see that weird gopher picture on the big screen when WI was kicking a FG? At first I thought it was bizarre but then I thought maybe they were trying to get in the kickers head. Seeing that one bounce off the crossbar was priceless…

Dan
    Southeast MN

That was pretty cool when everyone was on the field afterwards and they played Jump Around

Initially the fact that I’m extremely old-school in life I thought that was maybe a bit of gloating, but then I thought about what it probably meant to 17-21-year-olds right now. The in-state guys have known their whole lives we don’t beat Wisconsin and a lot probably went into it knowing what reality could be, so it was cool to see the enjoy it.

One of the more interesting things you can listen to are interviews or podcasts with guys that played big time college football but didn’t make it pro. Tommy Olson on KFAN is a great example. And many know this is it. There will be Tom Brady’s here and there, Gronkowski’s, Super Bowl MVP’s, etc. but somewhere today there was a in-state, MN-raised recruit and beating Wisconsin on their home field will be the pinnacle of their football life.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Speaking of rodents, did you see that weird gopher picture on the big screen when WI was kicking a FG? At first I thought it was bizarre but then I thought maybe they were trying to get in the kickers head. Seeing that one bounce off the crossbar was priceless…[/quote

If it’s what I’m thinking of, at the games they play that behind the kicker’s goalposts if they can to distract them. Makes very a very bizarre visual as you said.

blackbay

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    That was pretty cool when everyone was on the field afterwards and they played Jump Around

Initially the fact that I’m extremely old-school in life I thought that was maybe a bit of gloating, but then I thought about what it probably meant to 17-21-year-olds right now. The in-state guys have known their whole lives we don’t beat Wisconsin and a lot probably went into it knowing what reality could be, so it was cool to see the enjoy it.

One of the more interesting things you can listen to are interviews or podcasts with guys that played big time college football but didn’t make it pro. Tommy Olson on KFAN is a great example. And many know this is it. There will be Tom Brady’s here and there, Gronkowski’s, Super Bowl MVP’s, etc. but somewhere today there was a in-state, MN-raised recruit and beating Wisconsin on their home field will be the pinnacle of their football life.

Did you see the chaos after Michigan beat Ohio State? I have no clue how they got that may people on the field. The big house holds 100,000 plus and somehow they were all on the field and the stands were still full. If Auburn would have beat Alabama it would have been an awesome day in college football. In any case it was an awesome day for the Gophers.

tim hurley

Gophers looked great, glad to get the AX-sad that it makes Iowa happy.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Other than Michigan and Ohio State I don’t think there’s an above average team in the Big Ten honestly. Especially in the west. Not sure any of them (other than the two mentioned above) would do well against an SEC team.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Well I was wrong again. Ok I will try this one Brandon will be the best president of all time.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Dominant win by the Gophers! And Wertz looked like a mediocre HS QB for the Badgers, he missed about half a dozen throws by 5+ yards!

For the PJ haters, here’s some interesting stats for context. Gophers have 7 8+ win seasons in the last 50 years and PJ has 2 of em. They’ve had 8 wins AND beat Wisconsin 1 other time in 50 years. Row the Boat, Ski U Mah, Go Gophers!!!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Good win, nice to get the ax back but man how do you lose to bowling green and illinois at home. They should be playing this Saturday.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good win, nice to get the ax back but man how do you lose to bowling green and illinois at home. They should be playing this Saturday.

The bowling green loss really had no outcome on their position in the big ten. It’s a horrible loss at home but really the game that removed them from the championship was the clunker to Illinois.

Wisconsin is not built to throw the ball a lot. Mertz is a mediocre quarterback. They are built to run the ball, get a lead, and play good defense. The game script did not go that way for them.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.