Back Channel bridge closed – anyone know why?

• BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Headed home last night through Red Wing, 63 across the river, traffic came to a stop by the Woodshed. Sat there for about 5 minutes then pulled off and went down to the landing to see what’s up. Hwy Patrol had 63 closed off at the bridge and first responders on the other side of the bridge. Went back through Red Wing on a 5-0 mile detour which would have normally been 14 mi. But I still had a better day than the people on the east side of that bridge cry prayers for those involved

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I believe it was a motorcycle accident with a fatality.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

BHM, that left turn going to Mr. Sippi is a bad one and way too many people have been rear ended there.

Now I have no knowledge of what happened, but that’s the only left hand turn I know of that I’m looking more in my rearview mirror then looking ahead.

There are flashing yellow lights on the Island side of the bridge, but I have no clue what triggers them. I’ve seen them flashing when cars are making a left turn and other times when no one is there.

In my area of travels (which isn’t much) that is the most dangerous intersection I know of.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I’ve never noticed those lights before as many times as I’ve driven through there. I’ll certainly be more attentive now going through there.

Very sad news.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.