Auto guidence on my GPSMAP 7610, THE REAL DEAL!

• eric borkoski

I just have to say,
    I was up on Lake Vermillion a little over a week ago and with never being on the lake before the size and number of islands etc. well it could be a little intimidating to say the least!
    The first morning we fished with very little success so as the day went on we started to venture further and further away from where we launched my Skeeter MX2040.
    I remembered a certain bay that a guy from up there had told me about so I found it on the map and of coarse it was about 13 miles from where we were at that time. Normally at that point I would probably say let’s see if we can’t find something closer.
    Just for fun, I ran my curser up to that bay and tapped “navigate to”
    I am using the LakeVu Ultra chip so it gave me the option for Auto Guidance which I selected and voila, a big pink line appeared that ran me through the best route and around any island or shallow water hazard that was on the route.
    I used this feature many more times that weekend and can see me using it many more even on waters I am familiar with!

Danny Thompson
    Minnesota

This is something that I found myself using as well even on lakes that I know just because it gave a more realistic time and path to follow during tournaments when making longer runs last summer. Especially on LOTW and Leech where it was rough.

James did a great quick video on this:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.