4-wheeler question

• coot
    North Central Wisconsin

I am looking at purchasing a used Honda Rancher ES (350). The machine will be 2 years old in January, has about 250 miles on it. I know the owner real well & this atv has been babied, never rode very hard. Is $3500 a decent price for a machine like this? I really don’t know that much about used atv pricing. Thanks.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I would say it’s a very fair price, especially considering you know the seller. That adds some peace of mind when buying used. Even if you didn’t know the seller, the price is fair given the going rate right now.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

A buddy of mine is selling his polaris 500. I think $3300 buys it. Front and back racks. I think it is a 2002, with something like 290 miles on it.

Ok, now for the catch…….It is a scrambler, not a sportsman. However, the only true difference that I’ve can tell is that this has smaller fenders and has the option of 2×4 or 4×4.

If interested, let me know……

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

If you want to know what going rates are for used ATV’s, go to ebay “motors-other-atv”. You should get a good idea by saving a few similar models in “Favorites” and checking the closing price when the auction ends. Add $200-$500 to it and if it’s close to the $3500 price, then you’ll know how the offer stacks up. If closing rates are higher, jump on it! If they’re slightly lower, you’re likely in fair market. If it’s a lot lower, study some want ads in papers and shoppers and find out why. It may be a bad auction week (getting close to Holiday season you know!) or it’s an unpopular model with the masses.

The reason I say to add value to the closing price is travel and/or shipping costs………..people tend to calculate that as part of the overall price.

From guessing…………….I’d say that’s a fair deal. Price one out new and I’m thinking you might be pushing/crossing $5000 by the time it’s all said and done. If you know the owner and the machine……………I’m thinking you might want to jump on it!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Just went to ebay myself and looked for you………………..

You’re definitely in a fair market price at $3500.00. All that’s left is for you to decide.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.