Upper Michigan Report

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Well a few of us (Stacie’s brother Tyler and my buddy Chris Bristow and I) trekked up to UP this past weekend. We were powder hunting and looking for off trail stuff. That is exactly what we found on Saturday.

We stayed in Silver City and trails were decent to good, but with the amount of people up there they did decline by the end of the day Saturday. Fine with us, as we did not see another sled until late in the day POWDER Hunting when we had to go and find some gas in Bergland. The DNR and Police were out in force as we sat and watched a few tickets handed out as we ate after getting gas. Strict on where sleds can ride and also coming to a COMPLETE stop at stop signs.

A major storm was moving in late Saturday afternoon as we made it back to our Hotel in Silver City the front moved in. The temps dropped to -15, the snow started and the winds picked up and sustained 40-50 mph winds until we left on Sunday. Which shot our plan to get a good ride in on Sunday. We tried to ride Sunday but at ties we had visibility of 20 feet. We rode a little trail on Sunday and packed it up earlier then we were planning. All in all a great trip as we found some awesome untouched play areas as we tore them apart leaving not one snow flake unturned on many areas. We GPS’ed these areas to come back another day. Man I miss powder hogging.

Here are a few video clips.

Chris Video Click Here

Click here For Tyler Video

Until next time here is a few pics

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.