How to get rid of a snowmobile

• ry5

I have a 88 Yamaha Exciter that is seized from lack of use. Anyone know of a junkyard in the Twin Cities where I can get rid of it? Or anyone know of someone who would want it for parts? It has a new coil and is in not-too-bad overall shape.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Might be worth listing on Craig’s list. Tell them they must pick up. Sell cheap, $25.00. I bet it goes fast.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

I’m pretty sure I heard once that if you take the top of the heads off and dump ,I believe it was diesel fuel, in the heads and let it soak for a few days, it will free the pistons. Maybe there is a mechanic on here that will know if it was diesel fuel or something else that you let soak in the heads.

KirtH
    Lakeville

There is a place in Victoria , All Power Sports

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just remove the plugs, put enough diesel in, the cover the tops of the pistons, let it sit for a couple days, try to turn the clutch, work it back and forth. Don’t use the recoil, you’ll probably break that too, from dry rot

big g

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

I might be able to take that off your hands. I have one and I am looking for a parts sled. Where are you located at???

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Is there anywhere you can donate them and get the tax break like you can with vehicles??

KirtH
    Lakeville

Oh yah you could call the guy down in Red Wing that blew up a dump truck

bradg

Another thing you could dump down the cylinders would be marvel mystery oil, if you can find it down there. you should be able to just take out the plugs and put it in there. It is worth a shot to get it freed up, that way you could sell it for something???

ry5

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got 2 PM’s,which I replied to. Whoever wants it can come pick it up. It’s sitting on a trailer, and I would be willing to bring it to you within a reasonable distance. I am in the southeast Metro.
    Oh, it also has tabs thru 2009.

tapout

FRITZ MOTORSPORTS WILL PICK UP FREE JUST CALL 715-307-3422

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Quote:

FRITZ MOTORSPORTS WILL PICK UP FREE JUST CALL 715-307-3422

Fritz Motorsports…….Welcome to IDO!!

ry5

The Snowmobile was picked up last night.
    Thanks for the help, everyone!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.