snowmobile question

• slipbobnick
    MN

got a used sled this winter first time owning a snowmobile. wondering if I need to do anything other than shut the gas off. only rode it a handful of times put no more than 2-300 miles on it. all I’ve heard is shut the gas off and get the back end off the ground.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

We’ve always drained the gas tank, drain the bowl on the carbs, fog the cylinders, release the springs on the rear suspention, and raise the track off the ground.

This is what we’ve done, but all our sleds are 10+yrs old too.

Pete

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I use a good fuel stabilizer, fog the cylinders and lube them up and that’s about it.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I never fog any of my toys. But I do run all of them a least once a month in the off season.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Here’s what I have done for 20 years and about 8 sleds.
    Seafoam the gas. Run it until you know the seafoam is in the system. Shut of the gas valve and run the carbs dry.
    Fog through carbs while pulling engine over several times. Spray some in the plug holes and pull over several times before putting plugs back in. I know for a fact that works.
    If a new sparkly sled I may coat all the suspension components with silicone. Oh and hit the grease zerts good and push out any water.

dbright
    Cambridge

I do the same as Suzuki other then I drain all the gas after I run stabil or seafoam through and drain the carbs. I have had more then one motor go because of last years gas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.