No Snow Rant

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Anyone want to buy a couple of used Polaris sleds with barely any miles??? My God……

huskerdu

I have two I have not used for the last two winters also!
    Came back yesterday from LOW enough snow in the area to ride,
    16 below when we left.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Anyone want to buy a couple of used Polaris sleds with barely any miles??? My God……

Seems like since the mid 80’s a trailer is a must have when owning a sled. Even then the good snow came late in the year.

Man were the 70’s good for sledders! Go anywhere we wanted including down town!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

We sold our sleds 3 years ago. Haven’t regretted it yet. According to the “experts” this is the new normal (temps and precipitation).

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I try hard to feel bad for sledders, but………….

Sell the things and go buy a second boat for winter fishing.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I hate shoveling my driveway, but dang it all I want some snow too so we can hit the trails!!

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I did that very thing…sold the sleds and have a dandy Winter boat that works great in Summer too. Only downside is having two boats, 3 engines, 6 batteries and all the other stuff around

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No kidding. My wife and I were just discussing how ridiculous it is we that keep every weekend open just in case there is snow. We have been on high-alert for two winters running. This one is really bad. You cant even trailer anywhere to ride good snow. I would say I am on the back side of my sledding career because back in the day I would have at least hit a lake by now but I no longer have that much interest.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Tom, a friend and I bought a winter boat, and now it’s -11, and still no snow. I cant get a break. If it weren’t for my young kids who love to ride(when we can), I’d have already sold them.
    The UP is getting whalloped by lake effect right now. 14″ in the last week and snow in the forecast every day for the next 7. Might be time for a trip.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Mike,
    I am heading to White Pine MI today. Lots of snow. Just wish I didn’t have to drive 6 hours to find it. I am lightly regretting purchasing a brand new sled to go twice a year. Maybe things will change?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

White Pine north of Bergelund has good snow?

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Quote:

NO! But when you find someone to buy yours, make sure to let them know there is 2 more with another trailer, just in case they were looking for more garage decorations……

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

Tom, a friend and I bought a winter boat, and now it’s -11, and still no snow. I cant get a break. If it weren’t for my young kids who love to ride(when we can), I’d have already sold them.
    The UP is getting whalloped by lake effect right now. 14″ in the last week and snow in the forecast every day for the next 7. Might be time for a trip.

You wouldn’t be the only sledhead…we’ve been invaded. Normal winter has returned. ;-) I’m in the Keweenaw and we’ve had anywhere from 5″ – 15″ daily for the last week and a half.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

White Pine north of Bergelund has good snow?

Mass City is the snowline cut off from what I’m hearing right now. North of Mass is loaded, south is a bit sparse.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

While I love the UP its such a long drive to Houghton. I spent a couple nights in Copper Harbor last summer so I am interested in getting back with sleds.
    Thanks for the intel!!!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

While I love the UP its such a long drive to Houghton. I spent a couple nights in Copper Harbor last summer so I am interested in getting back with sleds.
    Thanks for the intel!!!

Awesome country. I used to work up there in the summer. I actually miss it, from time to time.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We flew in from Dallas on Tuesday. I couldn’t believe the lack of snowcover.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

While I love the UP its such a long drive to Houghton.

Tell me something I don’t know. ;-) With the exception of those taking the Ranger out to Isle Royale, nobody just passes through here…you have to want to come here. ;-)

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Wakefield and north has plenty o’ snow now

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Finally got out. Did 120 on Sat in northern Wi and it was such a welcome f’ing BLAST! I hope this warm weather doesnt get out of control. These clippers should keep it intact. Its not the base I would hope for but it works just fine.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Hoping to get over by park falls in a couple of weeks

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Here we go. Had every weekend up till now open. Now that we can ride anywhere I have a commitment this weekend!!!
    No fair.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

my bro in law says the trails were good New Richmond and north. that was before the ice/snow we got on 2/10.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.