ATV Ramp for Loading…

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I use a tilting snowmobile trailer to haul both of my ATV’s. While this has worked over the years, it can be a pain in the a$$ at times if the deck is slippery during the cold months causing us to struggle.

I’m to the point of purchasing a ramp to aid in loading. I’m not looking to go cheap on this and want a ramp that is of good quality and is plenty wide as some seem pretty narrow. I’m also open to aluminum or steel.

What ramp are you using and happy with?

404 ERROR
    MN

Yutrax is the brand of both of my ramps. I started with the standard tri-fold ramp for ATV’s and Snowmobiles and was happy. When I upgrade to a SXS, I went with the Extreme Duty Arched Yutrax 2-pc ramps for extra weight and to accommodate the wider stance, I needed 2-piece ramps. I keep the tri-fold ramps for snowmobiles still, as they have a pywood insert channel on them. Both have worked well for years with zero complaints.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I’m not sure the brand that I use, but I prefer a single folding ramp versus the two piece ones. The single ramp is heavier but to me the single folding ramp is a more functional option. As an added bonus I will often carry it along in my sled for early ice when using an ATV… It can be used as a temporary bridge for any small cracks that frequently can open up with temperature changes over the course of a day on larger lakes like Mille Lacs.

Will

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yutrax is the brand of both of my ramps. I started with the standard tri-fold ramp for ATV’s and Snowmobiles and was happy.

Me too.

Get the longest ramp possible would be my advice. Anything you can do to reduce the “climb angle” makes loading easier. I have the trifold ramp and the only thing I wish is that it was even longer. To me the extra weight is totally worth any increase in ease of loading.

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Merican Eagle wrote:</div>
    Yutrax is the brand of both of my ramps. I started with the standard tri-fold ramp for ATV’s and Snowmobiles and was happy.

Me too.

Get the longest ramp possible would be my advice. Anything you can do to reduce the “climb angle” makes loading easier. I have the trifold ramp and the only thing I wish is that it was even longer. To me the extra weight is totally worth any increase in ease of loading.

Grouse

I agree on getting away from the steep angles. I have the 94″ and they are arched, which is a great feature. My buddy has the 108″ for his truck which also has a 5″ lift.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.