ATV Plastic Color

• Angler II

Looking at purchasing a new atv but I’m not sure what color is best? Im looking at a white one. Does any color wear better than another? I don’t want camo…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My white z400 turned redish and I couldn’t get it off after riding in the mine pits for a couple weeks.
    My forest green stayed forest green forever. My red one fadded to pinkish red but that was 20 years old. I just bought a 21 honda and got it in red.
    I found out colors are few and farbetween for whats in stock or available

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve had red, burgundy and forest green. The red showed stains more. I currently have two that are forest green. My oldest one is forest green (2006) it it still looks very good.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Tactical Black

KPE
    River Falls, WI

My brute force is black and like a black truck it shows every single scratch in perfect detail lol. But- for me it’s an ATV and it gets beat on heavily so I don’t much care. I know some of the brighter colors like reds and blues will eventually fade a bit but I think there are products out there now that can restore and protect them easily enough to keep them fresh.

munchy
    NULL

I have red and still looks good. That dirt rust in the mines stains everything. Took a few washes to get the black plastic trim pieces back to black.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Had a dealer make an interesting comment to me. He said if you care about resale value, buy the color that is most associated with that brand. Honda’s brand is red and he said red outsells every other color 2 to 1 and that a used red Honda is gone before one of any other color, even if they were the same model traded at the same time.

No idea if this is really true across the board, but it was an interesting comment on colors.

Personally, I like low key and low visibility.

Grouse

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Had a dealer make an interesting comment to me. He said if you care about resale value, buy the color that is most associated with that brand. Honda’s brand is red and he said red outsells every other color 2 to 1 and that a used red Honda is gone before one of any other color, even if they were the same model traded at the same time.

No idea if this is really true across the board, but it was an interesting comment on colors.

Personally, I like low key and low visibility.

Grouse

When I bought my Honda they sales lady told me great choice picking re sale red. So maybe there is some truth to that

Jeff Gilberg

The camo wears the best as far as scratches, I get its not for everybody.

AnotherFisherman

I love the look of the “Sand” brown. No help on the wear/fading on it though. Just another pointless comment from me. lol

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

If it’s a Honda you have to go with RED.

Maybe camo has gotten better but When it fades, it looks almost pink’ish.

Coletrain27

If it’s a Honda you have to go with RED.

Maybe camo has gotten better but When it fades, it looks almost pink’ish.

Haha yea, The older Polaris sportsman’s did that. I haven’t seen any of the newer stuff do that.

CBMN
    North Metro

The last ATV that I owned was a 2011 (ballpark) Polaris Sportsman and it was painted a dark bronze color, from the factory, over black plastics and I was skeptical but it held up really well for my use over several years. Prior to that I had always had dark green plastics.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Dark green has held its color the best for us

Dave maze
    Isanti

I had a camo honda, I think it was a 2011. The camo was a wrap that peeled and cracked off! Any color but camo!

Jason

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jeff Gilberg wrote:</div>
    The camo wears the best as far as scratches, I get its not for everybody.

X2 that

X3
    Can Am’s camo has been very good for me

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.