attaching walls to steel frame

• bken

how do you guys attach your wood walls to your steel frame on fish house?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Home supply stores will have special screws in varying lengths for this. I think Teks may be a brand I have in the garage. I would recommend pre drilling a small pilot hole through everything then use the self drilling Tek screw to open the hole to the correct size.
    They are not cheap but work well. I attached a pic for reference but I think the cost is for a 500pk so don’t freak out.
    https://jet.com/product/detail/92647f12d9604aa8b74a1d8ac561e3f1?jcmp=pla:ggl:a_nj_dur_gen_hardware_a1_b1:hardware_accessories_hardware_fasteners_screws_a1_other:na:PLA_648327839_30263573302_pla-161713002540:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15

Denny O
    Central IOWA

The screw shown in the link above ^ is referred to as a “TeK Head with Wings”. The tek head is the drill point that will work on steel even into the heavy structural thickness. the wing part is added to the fastener to ream out the wood material so the threads will slip through the wood while drilling the steel. Great invention, I’ve used then for 20 to maybe at least 30 years! Now they can be found in a few various coatings. Do you have a local “Fastenal” store? There is also a huge online store in the Chicago area that is a great resource in finding the right item for the right job. I just can’t think of the name of it, I remember that it starts with a “M” I believe or a “Mc” but who knows.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.