Asking for Hunting Permission With Kids

• B-man

It should almost be illegal to ask for hunting permission with kids jester

You’ll rarely get turned down.

In just three hours of door knocking we got permission to turkey hunt 720 acres on three different properties in two different states!

Don’t be afraid to knock waytogo

mojo

Bringing Grandpa along is the next best thing once the kids are grown.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Nice, good luck to them knocking down a Tom

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I’m sure they had a couple packs of hand tied jigs in their pockets in case of a hesitant land owner…. coffee

jester Good luck to them! waytogo

Mike Burke

I remember when I was a kid bird hunting with my dad and his hunting buddys. We did a lot of door knocking. That was back in the 70s when there was a lot of bird hunting places. Someone would go to the door and spend some time talking to the farmer, often getting permission to hunt on several farms , but they would come back to the truck , inform us that we could hunt there but the farmer
    “didn’t what any kids with guns on his property ”
    implying I would have to sit in the truck. )
    Lots of good memory’s from those days.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Thats not a bad 3 hr’s of work.Good luck boy’s.
    I would put one in a wheelchair next time,who knows you may get a signed deed to some property.

Stanley

We hunt 80 acres and the neighbors land is mostly field but has a small portion that holds deer that come out by my sons stand. He would say it would be nice if we could shoot on their land so I said go ask permission. He was hesitant at first but then went over and asked. They said sure we don’t even hunt. He learned some life lessons and gained the opportunity to hunt more of an area.

CaptainMusky

Wow that is awesome. I have been striking out around here. Last Spring I had a guy say my son could hunt, but my son wasnt with. I gave my son his phone number and address and sent him over to introduce himself and ask him where he should park and any rules of the land, etc. The guy then said he wasnt letting anyone hunt. Bummer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.