Lighted arrow nocks

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks for sharing all this info!! I really like that 1950!!

john_steinhauer
    p4

Has anyone tried the nockturnals? I’m looking for some lighted nocks for my blue streak 350s

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s all I shoot. I’ve tried 2-3 other brands and have been very unhappy with them.

Last year I watched my buck run about 800 yards down a huge valley across a hay field then tip over right at dark. You could see with the naked eye where he laid.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I shot a doe on opening day last season and she broke the arrow off. Found the nocturnal while dressing her and put it in my labtop case. Shined bright for over 3 weeks. I am sold on these little guys.

kevin_sahly
    maple grove,mn

I agree, they work great. though I did have one that pulls out of V.A.P arrows when removing from string, but I think it may just be a bad one. no problem with the others.

willy_d
    Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada

Nockturnals are the only way to go.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Just put some on my arrows last night

john_steinhauer
    p4

Glad to hear some guys like them. I was a little worried don’t know much about the brand.

burbob
    Hastings,MN

All I would shoot! Going with the pink ones this year, they are brite

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

Can’t go wrong. Mine was only on for an hour though last year but turned off easily.
    I had a Lumenok to go out upon impact twice two years ago. Never using them again.

codycroteau
    La Crosse, WI

Nocturnals all the way!!!!!!

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I use both the Lumenocks and the Nockturnals. No real preference between the two. Have had good luck with both.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Love the Nockturnals, they’re all I shoot. Great luck, multiple animals with the same nock. Just too much good luck with them to use anything else.

I did have two that stopped working well after a few animals because of the dried blood deposits on the inside. However, I was able to rescue 1 of the 2 by soaking overnight in hydrogen peroxide. One of them had taken a bear, a deer, and a turkey! Unfortunately, that’s the one that couldn’t be recovered. It still lights up, but only fully when I press the button in a bit. Depress it fully and the light is faint. The hydrogen peroxide trick works well enough IMO to give it a whirl, as the worst you’re out is a nock that you weren’t going to re-use anyway.

I’ve read that people also will put a small bit of tape, or bow string wax over the hole in the nockturnals to prevent that issue in the first place. I’ll be doing that for my hunting arrows!

Joel

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.