Best Bow sights??

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Hey Wade can u put a lakemaster chip in these, or are they just for roads

Let me check the specs again and I’ll get back to you. It has an SD slot but I can’t remember if it will run the Lakemaster chips without any issues. I’ll let you know soon.

ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

Anyone have any recommendations for bow sights. I’ve currently got some cheap ones that came with my PSE and would like to upgrade. Ideally I’d like to have a balance on it and sights that I can darn near shoot in the dark. This would really help when seeing a shooter in the last half hour of shooting time. The sights I have now make it difficult to see them in the last 15 minutes or so of shooting light, especially the green sight.
    What should I look at getting? I know most of you guys on here have been bow hunting for years, and this is only my second hardcore year of shooting the sticks.
    thanks in advance!

hdmeyer

If you are looking at upgrading i would definitely look at the Schaffer’s sights, they come in black and camo and can choice between 3-7 i believe Also another sight that goes well past dark is hha, but its single pin

Derrick

waterfowler99
    Midwest

I have zero complaints with Spot Hogg. Super bright, well constructed, ease of adjustment….Great warranty and customer service.

gobbler
    Central, MN

TRUGLO Micro-Brite Sight Series (3 Pin). Great site and has a built in push button light attachment. I haven’t ever used the light feature because the fiber optics stay bright enough during the low light conditions that I doubt you would need to use the light feature.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I think you’ll get lots of great suggestions. I would look for something with .19 or smaller pins. A sight that has lots of fiber for light gathering.

I’m currently shooting a Spot Hogg. I really like it. However, I’m thinking of trying the HHA single pin next year. I’ve heard many good things about the sight and want to see if it will improve my long distance shooting.

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

i really like my g5 optix. its super lightweight (magnesium alloy i think?), rock solid, comes with micro adjusts and when equipped with a rheostat light, you can shoot it in the dark!
    if you want a lowlight sight, get one with some sort of battery powered light, just be mindful of where the light is pointing. dont need to get busted cuz of a reflection from the light.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Spot hog with the hog wrap. Pins are still visible long after you should be in the woods

abster71
    crawford county WI

HHA here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I shoot a 5 pin toxonics and like it so far, But I am also allways looking for something better.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I second the Schaffer’s Sight. Built like a tank, excellent low light sight. CLICK HERE for my product review.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

spott hogg with hogg rap you can see till its dark with this and I have a light on mine so I practice after dark with a target in the garage and me outside. (No im Not hunting after dark) but sometimes the only time I get to shoot is after dark. It is also a very durable sight.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have an HHA OL-5000 Single pin and Love it!

shednut
    22 feet up

I’ve only shot two fiber optic sights in my life and I loved them both. I don’t think you can go wrong with the montana black gold or spott hogg with a wrap.

ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

thanks for all the replies guys.
    I ended up getting the Apex Atomic 4 pin with a light and level. It’s a huge upgrade from my cheap sights that came with the cabelas set up. It has two .029 sights for 20/30 yards and two .019 sights for 30/40 yards. Seems fairly easy to adjust the left to right and up and down as well.
    I decided I didn’t want a one pin sight or a 5 pin(too much going on), so the Atomic sight system fit the bill just right.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats, now get her dialed in!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.