AR Pistol in Slug Zone

• mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Like The Famous Grouse I have also have accepted the challenge of using a T/C Encore pistol. Mine is in 7mm-08. They require lots of practicing due to the long eye relief scope and the recoil. It is much harder to use than a rifle or shotgun of any type. I have a couple friends that have shot it more than once but they are magnum handgun shooters. Most shoot once and say thats cool but no 2nd shot. I still don’t take off hand shots and must use shooting sticks or rest. I do enjoy shooting it throughout the year. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Mwal

Coletrain27

I’ve shot many deer with pump shotguns, semi autos and muzzle loaders with open sights. I now hunt with a .300 blackout AR pistol. Does that mean I fill up a 30 round magazine and start unloading at 250 yards? No. I’ve shot 8 deer in the last 2 years with it and I’ve knocked them all down right away with 2 shots or less.

Do you have an advantage with a AR pistol? Maybe, but I don’t take crazy long shots and would be just as deadly with my shotgun with red dot sight.

For me it’s just something different to use other than a shotgun And muzzle loader Since I’ve Shot so many deer with them.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.