Anyone want to fish Texas?

• Tim

I will be coming through MN July 2021 and want to try to catch as many species of fish as possible. Anyone want to guide a Texan?

I own a house on the Nueces River where we catch alligator gar 20-200 pounders and big blue and flat head catfish that I’d be willing to let someone use if they come to Texas. You can view the house here on AirBnB. You wouldn’t use AirBnB though I’d just block the dates for you. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/38852040?source_impression_id=p3_1569465124_%2FjUSGwBSw%2Fj3RgR9
    Scroll through pictures to see a few fish. I also own a ranch with whitetail deer, turkey and hogs. So we could work out some sort of swap.

I really don’t want a guide. I’d rather have a plain hard core real fisherman like myself. I do not know all the species you have up there but want to catch as many as possible, even the small species.

Ripjiggen

If you want to catch the most species possible the Misssissippi River is what you want. There are some river guys on this site that may be able to point you in the right direction or take you out. All sorts of different species in the river.
    Lakes for the most part have
    Walleye, Pike, Muskie, Bass, Sunfish, Crappies, Perch, some have a few more species.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I will be coming through MN July 2021 and want to try to catch as many species of fish as possible. Anyone want to guide a Texan?

I own a house on the Nueces River where we catch alligator gar 20-200 pounders and big blue and flat head catfish that I’d be willing to let someone use if they come to Texas. You can view the house here on AirBnB. You wouldn’t use AirBnB though I’d just block the dates for you. Scroll through pictures to see a few fish. I also own a ranch with whitetail deer, turkey and hogs. So we could work out some sort of swap.

I really don’t want a guide. I’d rather have a plain hard core real fisherman like myself. I do not know all the species you have up there but want to catch as many as possible, even the small species.

I’m just trying to piece this together.

You’re coming up to MN from Texas next July 2021. You want to be guided but don’t want a guide.

If I agree (promise) to take you out fishing here in MN as a “plain hard core real fisherman” like yourself, may I “use” your house on the Nueces River in Texas as an equal exchange?

Just trying to make sense of this “trip swap”…?

Sorry about this vetting process, but there’s been some pranksters posting “funny stuff” on this forum before.

deertracker

I think he is just saying that I someone takes him fishing in MN he will returns the trip by his house in Texas.
    DT

MNdrifter

What if this guys a crazy glue sniffer?!?! Build a model airplane he says. Well I’m not buying it. Next thing you know, there’s change missing off your dresser and your daughters knocked up. I’ve seen it a thousand times. It’s all fun and games until you wake up in a motel bathtub in Tijuana with an IV hooked to you and your missing a kidney.

deertracker

What if this guys a crazy glue sniffer?!?! Build a model airplane he says. Well I’m not buying it. Next thing you know, there’s change missing off your dresser and your daughters knocked up. I’ve seen it a thousand times. It’s all fun and games until you wake up in a motel bathtub in Tijuana with an IV hooked to you and your missing a kidney.

Classic!

Deuces

Good one drifter.

There is risk with everything in life. If you don’t plan on taking him fishing why inquire?

Seems good hearted enough.

Either way, never thought of an vrbo for fishing trips down south. Pretty sweet idea that opens alot of potential for winter blues. Thanks for posting!

Tim

I think he is just saying that I someone takes him fishing in MN he will returns the trip by his house in Texas.
    DT

Pretty much. We can work out whatever deal fits depending on how long someone wants to guide me in MN, if they have a boat, place to stay etc.

I’m open to who ever coming down here first. Fishing is best late Feb-April at my place. Although I do not have a boat at the moment. I’m hoping to have one by Feb. though.

And I don’t have to guide here if the person doesn’t want me to. They can just use the house. But I’m always looking for a reason to run lines and fish.

I’m leaning towards Rainy River area since I catch crappie, catfish, perch, and bass down here. What I want to catch is sturgeon, muskie, pike and walleye. Rated in that order. A couple salmon out of the big lake would be ok.. I can be in MN for 5-8 days if need be.

Open to house swapping using a site like home exchange also. I have a house on a 587 acre ranch or the house on the Nueces River. 587Ranch.com This website only shows the cabin (not the house) but gives an idea about the ranch.

BTW – I’d hire a guide. It’s just most are on a daily routine fishing for mainly one specie and they treat everyone like a richie tourist ) At least other places I’ve been.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

There is risk with everything in life. If you don’t plan on taking him fishing why inquire?

Seems good hearted enough.

Well, being I’m retired now with plenty of time…it would be within the realm of possibility I’d make a winter trip to Texas for a week or two fishing trip.

His original post wasn’t very clear his expectations in exchange for the opportunity to stay at his rental house. It seemed a little “out there” is why I questioned.

He has since clarified some and provided more detail of his expectations…which makes a bit more sense now and adds some legitimacy to his original offer.

I checked out the AirBnB link and it does look like a pretty cool place to spend a week in March.

EW6

PM sent

Tim

Sorry I wasn’t clear in the first post. I had no idea if anyone even used this website or if the idea was stupid in the first place.

The offer was vague because it can be whatever works out for both parties. You can see our reviews on AirBnB or google 587 Ranch to see the hunts we’ve run over the last 3-4 years. I haven’t screwed anyone that I know of.

And of course I’d want to talk on the phone to vet the person in MN…I never know either if they are the crazy one. But I’ve found in the past that usually fishermen who enjoy helping others are really good people.

Heck if nothing else I figure someone may need a fishing partner for a couple days to pay for gas and stuff.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

I’m leaning towards Rainy River area since I catch crappie, catfish, perch, and bass down here. What I want to catch is sturgeon, muskie, pike and walleye. Rated in that order. A couple salmon out of the big lake would be ok.. I can be in MN for 5-8 days if need be.

With those target species, you might also want to consider the St Louis River/Lake Superior area out of Duluth.
    The river/harbor has all 4 of the first group (along with smallmouth bass) and Superior has salmon, lake trout and walleye also.

Tim

Sorry I wasn’t clear in the first post. I had no idea if anyone even used this website or if the idea was stupid in the first place.

The offer was vague because it can be whatever works out for both parties. You can see our reviews on AirBnB or google 587 Ranch to see the hunts we’ve run over the last 3-4 years. I haven’t screwed anyone that I know of.

And of course I’d want to talk on the phone to vet the person in MN…I never know either if they are the crazy one. But I’ve found in the past that usually fishermen who enjoy helping others are really good people.

Heck if nothing else I figure someone may need a fishing partner for a couple days to pay for gas and stuff.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.