anyone use the JQBX app?? (related to the Playlist/Spotify thread)

• ThunderLund78

Didn’t want to hijack fishthumper’s thread regarding everyone’s favorite artists. But if you’re ever looking for a fun and social way to share/discover music, OR if you have that one friend who ALWAYS dominates the music at a party and you’re always fighting to pair your phone with the speaker, here’s a hot tip…

There’s an app called JQBX (free) that my co-worked clued me on to. It only works in conjunction with Spotify but I think there’s other apps that are similar for Apple Music, etc. (you can also just use their website if you don’t want to use an app)

Basically you download and sync the JQBX app to your Spotify account and you can access Spotify including all your playlists, favorites, etc through JQBX. You can then create a private “Room” that you invite your friends to join. Once in the room, you click “Be a DJ” which allows you to play songs and build a queue. So if you and three buddies are in the room and all click “Be a DJ” you have 4 song queues that the app rotates through 1 song at a time. It’s SUCH a blast and it’s become how my co-workers and I listen to music throughout the day. The app has a chat feature so you can either praise or rip your buddies’ song choices. You can vote thumbs-up or down on what they play and if you hear a new song you like, you can click a button that adds it to a Spotify JQBX playlist so you can revisit later or check out more tunes from that artist on your own time.

Themes tend to emerge with the music which is cool, or you can make a game out of it and torture your country-loving friend with Death Metal. But what ALWAYS ends up happening is that one of my friends will play something I probably would’ve never found on my own and you end up discovering new songs/artists in perhaps different genres than you usually listen to, it’s awesome. Even if you don’t like it, once their song is over it goes on to the next person.

I see this app being a major problem solver at the family cabin this summer when everyone’s arguing about what music around the fire! Give it a try!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.