Anyone own a Marcum LX5i

• jfs62
    Southeast WI

What do you think of it? I am debating buying one but can find very few reviews. Lots of reviews for the older LX5, but not the LX5i.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I have one, I love it, I started out with an fl8 15 years ago then I got a fl18, few years ago I got a lx7 and I love it, just wanted another hole hopping unit and got the lx5i. I still have all of my previous flashers and I tend to always grab the lx7 or the lx5i. Very nice compact unit, I might get a lithium battery for it yet then it would be like a feather.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Anyone have any good ideas for mounting a couple rod holders on a Marcum graph softside case? Sorry to hijack the thread, any specific questions about the lx5i?

Cody O’Reilley
    Maple Grove, MN

i have the lx5i. great unit. i have been told the only difference between the 5 and 5i is the updated screen design, but that could be wrong. sharp detail on the display over some of the vexilars. super user friendly. doesn’t take long at all to figure out. super fine line is a really cool feature as well, it essentially puts the entire water column in “zoom” mode. and for what its worth it doesn’t sound like a rock tumbler when its running, as some other units do.

theflatlander
    NULL

Bought one last year. From what I can tell it seems to be a great unit. It doesn’t like to play nice with my girlfriend’s lx3tc unless I’m using the narrow cone

bigpike

Btw you can get this unit shipped to your door for $475 from Reeds. That is my plan for this weekend! I haven’t found a cheaper price from a reputable dealer…..

jfs62
    Southeast WI

Thanks guys. Good info. I believe have been convinced to buy. Not that I needed a lot of convincing…

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Last year I picked up a Marcum LX5i for myself and a Humminbird ICE 35 for my dad. Granted, the difference in price is large, but the LX5i blew the Bird out of the water with its detail and easy-to-use features. I’m very happy with the Marcum and kinda like “meh” with the Humminbird, even though they’re easily my brand of choice in open water.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.