Anyone know about custom interiors for Yetti Icehouses?

• usmarine0352

Debating whether to get a normal Yetti or a one custom done by someone else in Minnesota. I know that Absolute Trailers in Inver Grove Heights has a guy who does custom interiors. I also know that how good the work is depends on the builder.

Anyone know of someone who does custom interior work for Yetti or if the guy at Absolute Trailers does a good job?

Thanks in advance.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Check with North Land Auto Center in Milaca.
    They have (or at least had) a guy doing their Yetti houses.

You could also check with Ice Forts in Brainerd.

I’ve dealt with both in the past with OK experiences.

usmarine0352

Ok, not great experiences?

Brian G
    Independence, MN

Northland in Milaca did an awesome job on our Yeti. They’re great people to work with as well.

usmarine0352

Northland in Milaca did an awesome job on our Yeti. They’re great people to work with as well.

How long ago?

Did you buy a standard Yetti or custom build?

Brian G
    Independence, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian G wrote:</div>

How long ago?

We started with their standard layout and made some customizations from there. We’ve had ours for 5 years now and it looks about as good as it did on day one. Aside from some scratches on the wood from stuff banging around going down the road, the interior has held up perfectly. We’re looking at ordering a new one this spring to get some of the features we wish we had on the first one, but all in all it’s been an awesome house.

usmarine0352

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>usmarine0352 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian G wrote:</div>

How long ago?

We started with their standard layout and made some customizations from there. We’ve had ours for 5 years now and it looks about as good as it did on day one. Aside from some scratches on the wood from stuff banging around going down the road, the interior has held up perfectly. We’re looking at ordering a new one this spring to get some of the features we wish we had on the first one, but all in all it’s been an awesome house.

Cool.

What customizations did you have and what are you adding now?

Did you order a standard Yetti and basically have a few things custom done or was the entire interior done custom?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mark-bruzek wrote:</div>

Ok, not great experiences?

Just limited experiences. Nothing special, nothing bad.
    I bought a 8×16 shell from Ice forts in 2012.
    I have gotten parts and warranty work done by NLAC but its been several years since.

olas88

Is there kind of a ‘standard’ list of upgrades that people do?

usmarine0352

Is there kind of a ‘standard’ list of upgrades that people do?

Well, there are “Yetti” upgrades that Yetti does such as adding an AC, bigger TV, adding a fan, and such but I’m wondering if he meant buying a standard Yetti and having a 3rd party add custom stuff to it or basically buying a Yetti shell and having a 3rd party build the entire interior.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

That’s not real tough changes. Can’t you do it yourself?

usmarine0352

That’s not real tough changes. Can’t you do it yourself?

Not at all, don’t have those types of skills.

Also, many don’t want to void the Yetti warranty.

Zack Shack Guy

I had the dealer add 3 more holes to my Yetti, and will probably add an AC or a fan this summer, done by a dealer. The reason I didn’t do it myself is because I’m just not good at that stuff, and although I might be able to figure it out, after the amount of time and money spent on figuring it out, it’s actually cheaper for someone else to do it.

If you are going to buy a brand new Yetti, you can have the dealership customize it in certain ways. Or, you can have a dealership do it. I personally have not had good experience with Absolute Trailer Sales. Northland Auto Sales has gone above and beyond helping me out, so I would recommend them.

The reason I got a Yetti was not just because it is lighter and aluminum, but also because I like their standard layout, as it is more fishable. If you just want to go customized, there is cheaper options for the frame.

usmarine0352

I had the dealer add 3 more holes to my Yetti, and will probably add an AC or a fan this summer, done by a dealer. The reason I didn’t do it myself is because I’m just not good at that stuff, and although I might be able to figure it out, after the amount of time and money spent on figuring it out, it’s actually cheaper for someone else to do it.

If you are going to buy a brand new Yetti, you can have the dealership customize it in certain ways. Or, you can have a dealership do it. I personally have not had good experience with Absolute Trailer Sales. Northland Auto Sales has gone above and beyond helping me out, so I would recommend them.

The reason I got a Yetti was not just because it is lighter and aluminum, but also because I like their standard layout, as it is more fishable. If you just want to go customized, there is cheaper options for the frame.

Who are the cheaper options?

Could you get a 19′-21′ footer that is single axle with hydraulics?

Zack Shack Guy

Who are the cheaper options?

Could you get a 19′-21′ footer that is single axle with hydraulics?
    [/quote]

I think you can get an ice castle frame, but I could be wrong. I also know that you can go through smaller companies, but I don’t have any by name.

19-21′ frame with hydraulics? Not sure.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.