Anyone have a dog like this?

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

The kennel usually stays in the truck during the summer. If I open the door, he’s in it and wont get out. The record is about two hours – and that’s with either me or my wife getting frustrated and making him get out. Talk about a dog who doesn’t want to miss any possibility of a fun road trip. When I get the shock collar controller, show it to him, and say “get out” he looks at me like “you $&$^%$@” and gets out.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0637.jpg

Deleted

It “his place”….. Our dog does the same thing. When the wife and I leave for a day or more, our son has to close and latch his kennel or the darn dog won’t even go out to pee. He will hold it forever, or until a treat is produced.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s funny. Ours doesn’t like the truck or the kennel in it. I think he used to get car sick.

One of the funnier things he’ll do is try to lead me upstairs if he sees a squirrel or bunny in the yard. This stems from the fact that he’s learned that I snipe them from the bedroom window, and he knows that he gets to go for a retrieve when I get one. rotflol

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Yep. Sadie jumps in and waits any chance she gets. This was a few weeks ago packing up to head to the lake.

Attachments:
    1. CAB550A8-E367-4F00-9B0A-A244FF808AB7.jpeg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My buddy had a lab that would be mean in his kennel. We called it kennel rage. No matter where the kennel, if you got too close or touched it he went full cujo. Pissed me off when he did it from the back of my own truck! He was fine outside of the kennel. It was weird.

Reef W

My dog is perfectly well behaved in a kennel but getting in it he acts like he’s being sent to the gallows.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My dog is perfectly well behaved in a kennel but getting in it he acts like he’s being sent to the gallows.

Lol. Any time I open a jar of peanut butter, Ripley goes running for his crate!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.